Korean Random

Important update of WN8

You probably already noticed a significant change in your WN8 rating. In this article we will explain the reasons for these changes, as well as improvements in the rating.

WN8 is not only a static formula, but also a set of expected values that are based on the overall server statistics of all active players. So even if you do not play, your rating may change slightly over time due to changes in the overall server statistics and recalculation of expected values.

However, for a long time (in the last half a year) the expected values for WN8 have not been updated. We wrote more about this problem earlier. Since the developers of the WN8 formula stopped the correct recalculation of the expected values, we decided to fix the problem on our own, and today we are ready to present you with an experimental solution.

We have fully automated the calculation of the expected values for WN8, retaining the original methodology of the authors of the rating.

Also are several differences that significantly affect the quality of the calculation:

1. In past the recalculation of the tables was made rather rarely (once a few months), which led to sharp gaps in the rating after recalculation. Of course, it was an unpleasant and weird situation for ordinary players. We will recalculate the expected values daily, which solves both the problem of sharp changes in the rating and problem with obsolete data.
  2. We use a much larger player statistics database than the one was used in calculations by the authors of WN8, so we can make more accurate and reliable calculations.
  3. Unfortunately in past the authors of the expected values tables allowed themselves some liberties and pranks with the expected values such as manual manipulations in order to troll audience. We consider this unacceptable and since the calculation of tables now is under our full control we can be sure that there are no manual manipulations. Our priority is correct data.

The current table of expected values is now available on this page.

If you still see old WN8, just wait. Updating stats of all players can take some time.

For third-party developers:

If you want to use the current tables of expected WN8 values by XVM in your project, you can get them at the following URLs:

JSON: https://static.modxvm.com/wn8-data-exp/json/wn8exp.json
CSV:  https://static.modxvm.com/wn8-data-exp/csv/wn8exp.csv

Pay attention to the mandatory use of the secure https protocol in your requests.

• Upvote 4

Short link

theese will include in version 8020 of XVM? and if you can explain better, are you take all the changes from WG update 9.19 until the last 9.20.1.1? with all the changes in SPG's? 

Short link

@vasilis_74r 

1. It's available from the time of announcement and it does not matter which version of XVM you're using, as this is server-side change. 
  2. It takes in account all stats of all active players, does not matter in which period.

Short link
2 hours ago, Mr 13 said:

@vasilis_74r 

1. It's available from the time of announcement and it does not matter which version of XVM you're using, as this is server-side change. 
  2. It takes in account all stats of all active players, does not matter in which period.

How can we check the new stats, do you have recommendation for a website that uses new values? Is it shown ingame in the "service record" tab?

Short link
1 минуту назад, H4NI сказал:

How can we check the new stats, do you have recommendation for a website that uses new values?

We're currently working on large update for our website and hope this feature as well as other planned features in one place will be available soon.

5 минут назад, H4NI сказал:

Is it shown ingame in the "service record" tab?

Yes if your stats was updated today after 10:16 UTC. If it was updated earlier, you need to wait some time before new rating will be shown in your service record.

• Upvote 2

Short link
2 minutes ago, Mr 13 said:

We're currently working on large update for our website and hope this feature as well as other planned features in one place will be available soon.

I'm sorry, but what is your website? Are you talking about the modxvm.com? And if I understood you correctly, you are planning to make it like wotlabs/kttc.ru and similar sites? If that is the case, best of luck! :)

• Upvote 1

Short link

@H4NI not "like those" as we're doing all from scratch and with our view on this, but yes, it will provide all functionality of such kind of websites and even more.

And yes, i'm talking about modxvm.com

• Upvote 2

Short link

Interesting, do you have any ETA on that expanded website feature? I would love to have access to something that would calculate my recent in the manner that wotlabs does, but using xvm stats and colors.

Short link

good job, now 3rd party websites should take this into use, and also mods makers, so that we dont  have million different values. Finally there is hope we could get standardized values.

Edited by Andyss
  • Upvote 1

Short link

@Mr 13 Thank you for the effort you are putting in this. Quick question, are you going to continue with the wn8 formula or do you plan to implement the wn9 at some point?

Short link

@Mr 13

Hello.
I have a small question to You.
 Im update my stats and now I have 2230 wn8.Im use 6 clors xvm team scale. Did you go new table scale? This https://modxvm.com/en/news/ratings-color-scale-recalculation-in-xvm-6-4-0/ color scale is not correct?

Im Ask because I dont know why im not have blue color in game ?Im see in table blue color start in 2180 wn8 +What happend ? So im see in game green  color not blue .

Edited by saintseiya

Short link

@saintseiya

values on the xvm website are outdated.

Colors.xc

"wn8": [
      { "value": 397,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.very_bad" } }, //    0 - 397  - very bad  (20% of players)
      { "value": 914,  "color": ${"def.colorRating.bad"      } }, //  398 - 914  - bad       (better than 20% of players)
      { "value": 1489, "color": ${"def.colorRating.normal"   } }, //  915 - 1489 - normal    (better than 60% of players)
      { "value": 2231, "color": ${"def.colorRating.good"     } }, // 1490 - 2231 - good      (better than 90% of players)
      { "value": 2979, "color": ${"def.colorRating.very_good"} }, // 2232 - 2979 - very good (better than 99% of players)
      { "value": 9999, "color": ${"def.colorRating.unique"   } }  // 2980 - *    - unique    (better than 99.9% of players)
    ],

Short link

Use XVM scale values for colors, they are always correct. The best choice is to use {{r}} for values and {{xr}} for colors.

Short link
On 27.10.2017 at 8:15 PM, Irisviel said:

Interesting, do you have any ETA on that expanded website feature?

We don't have ETA yet, but this is one of our high-priority tasks and we'll put all our effort to this in near future.

16 hours ago, Astoxos said:

@Mr 13 Thank you for the effort you are putting in this. Quick question, are you going to continue with the wn8 formula or do you plan to implement the wn9 at some point?

1. We all must say thanks to @sirmax, primarily. He did most part of work on this.
  2. We'll consider WN9 but it's not a priority at this time.
11 hours ago, saintseiya said:

Hello. I have a small question to You. Im update my stats and now I have 2230 wn8.Im use 6 clors xvm team scale. Did you go new table scale? This https://modxvm.com/en/news/ratings-color-scale-recalculation-in-xvm-6-4-0/ color scale is not correct?

This color scale is outdated, it was relevant at time of publication.
Currently color scales are automatically updated every day. We'll make a page where you can check current scales soon.

Short link

Great update guys! I`m happy you made this script.

I have one question: If someone meets the expected values what WN8 will he have? I mean a player with average stats will have the average 1200WN8 for example?

Edited by Treborn

Short link