Korean Random

Official WWISE project for WoT

Go to solution Solved by Mixaill,

• 3 weeks later...

@Mixaill Has the Wwise major version changed in WoT 1.26.0.0? Attempting to use sound banks created using the usual Wwise version on the 1.26 Common Test now results in these banks failing to load in the new game version, throwing the following error in python.log:

ERROR: [SOUND] Load sound bank: mod_guns_engines.bnk. Result: The bank version is not compatible with the current bank reader

Further, given how the new gun mechanics appear to be set up in a different manner to normal guns (split into start, singleshot, and stop sound events), is a new version of the default project necessary (i.e., have any new parameters been added since the previous version)?

UPDATE:

Did some experimenting since my previous message, and from what I can gather, it appears WG has jumped from using WWISE version 2019.2.xx to WWISE 2023.1.xx. Tested the latest releases of each major version (2019.2, 2021.1, and 2022.1), as well as the version used in the WG project file from patch 1.22.1, and of these versions result in the same error/sounds failing to load ingame. Meanwhile, banks generated using the current latest version (2023.1.5.8522) load correctly on the 1.26 CT (no error message + modded sounds function as expected).

As such, it seems any sound modding projects will need to be upgraded to WWISE version 2023.1.xx going forward. If you have a WWISE project file in 2019.2.xx, be sure to make a separate backup of it first, as upgrading your project will make it inaccessible in older versions of WWISE.

That being said, none of this has been confirmed officially at this time. It may be worth waiting a bit to hear some form of official confirmation before moving forward with any changes; just thought I would post my findings ahead of time to provide some potential forewarning.

Edited by FastestClassic
Short link

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

44 minutes ago, Heliomalt said:

Where to find Tool-Version: Wwise 2023.1.4.8496?

Thank you.

https://www.audiokinetic.com/en/download/

Newer versions of 2023.1 should still work within the game, since future minor versions of 2023.1 (past 2023.1.4) are comprised of bugfixes; soundbanks generated with Wwise version 2023.1.5.8522 do appear to function without issue in-game (this was also the case previously, as banks produced by Wwise version 2019.2.15.7667 functioned without issue as well). Nonetheless, the specific version can be installed from the launcher if desired.

Edited by FastestClassic
  • Upvote 1
Short link

Apparently there is a problem with the latest patch, the newly created BNK is not loaded correctly, although it is present in the folder and the entry is also there in sounds.xc. I haven't changed anything except recreating the soundbank.

2024-09-05 09:01:02.686: INFO: [WWise/BankLoad]: bank file was not found: res_mods/mods/shared_resources/xvm/audioww/heliomalt.bnk

If I create an engine_config.xml and enter the soundbank there and save the file under res_mods/version, it works, but this was not necessary until now.

Edited by Heliomalt
Short link

11 minutes ago, Heliomalt said:

Apparently there is a problem with the latest patch, the newly created BNK is not loaded correctly, although it is present in the folder and the entry is also there in sounds.xc. I haven't changed anything except recreating the soundbank.

2024-09-05 09:01:02.686: INFO: [WWise/BankLoad]: bank file was not found: res_mods/mods/shared_resources/xvm/audioww/heliomalt.bnk

If I create an engine_config.xml and enter the soundbank there and save the file under res_mods/version, it works, but this was not necessary until now.

XVM bug, rename your bank to heliomalt_lesta.bnk or heliomalt_wg.bnk depending which region you are on.

• Upvote 1
Short link

Just now, Heliomalt said:

@Aslain works, thank you. It is strange that a change in sounds.xc with the new soundbank name is not necessary and it still works.

I found it out by accident yesterday :D then I tried to rename, and baaam, make no sense, because we define path to soundbank, but it still expecting _lesta or _wg :P

• Upvote 1
Short link