Korean Random

[Suggestion] Macros {{neverSeen}}, {{lost}} and {{revealed}}.

Hello,

EnemySpottedMarker has fields neverSeen, lostrevealed and dead. It would be nice to have these available as macros. ({{dead}} is not really needed since {{alive}} already exists.)

I want to use them to color parts of player panels in ways that enemySpottedMarker can't handle. Probably also useful in statistics form, hit log and pretty much anywhere else that {{alive}} can be used.

I'm not sure what they should return for allies. Allies could count as revealed, unless out of radio range. In fact {{inRadioRange}} might be useful for allies. Perhaps {{inDrawRange}} for everyone. The last two came to mind right now and I don't have a need for them, but might be nice if easily implemented. 

• Upvote 4
Short link

I recently suggested {{c:spotted}} and {{a:spotted}} macros ;) with multiple states.

The problem with what you propose is that your macros would be static - someone would always have the same color. So, you wouldn't be able to do what you described.

Since many modders use picture icons instead of coloring, completely removing current spotting markers would stir a lot of... unhappiness; so solution would be to substitute it with user-defined {{spotted}} macro in texts section, with all needed states for both ally and enemy - you could use pictures in said macro then - and handle everything by extraFields :P .

Edited by nixxxie
Short link

I recently suggested {{c:spotted}} and {{a:spotted}} macros ;) with multiple states.

The problem with what you propose is that your macros would be static - someone would always have the same color. So, you wouldn't be able to do what you described.

I don't think that's true. I'm already using

"alpha": "{{alive?100|0}}"
in extra fields of the players panel to hide things for dead players and it does update correctly. The suggested macros should work similarly. I'm not actually sure if you can chain them or how else to manage multiple variables / states.

Since many modders use picture icons instead of coloring, completely removing current spotting markers would stir a lot of... unhappiness; so solution would be to substitute it with user-defined {{spotted}} macro in texts section, with all needed states for both ally and enemy - you could use pictures in said macro then - and handle everything by extraFields :P .

Current spotting marker functionality could stay as it is, just add some more macros for those who want something more or different.

BTW, I'm not opposed to having it implemented as {{c:spotted}} and {{a:spotted}}, especially if the colors are configurable. I'm not quite sure which would be more flexible and powerful.

Edited by UnstableMutant
Short link

Lets's consider and example: proposed macro {{lost}} - which would return a color on lost state and no color (or a different color, let's be generous) on all other states. You can't differenciate all states apart with that kind of macro and at the same time you can't use multiple of this kind of macros simultanously.

I understand your idea, which is similar to mine, but that implementation would just not work ;) .

On the other hand, i would remove current spotting markers in favor of mine - because you could use them in extraFields then, in any mode, and without vehicle icons. And it's basicaly the same work, if we are touching spotting.

PS: all colors are configurable and alphas, so no reason why they wouldn't be too.

Edited by nixxxie
Short link

• 1 month later...

up

these macroses needed for Player Panels "none"

also i would like to ask to add macros that returns vehicle class (HT, MT, TD, LT, SPG) in symbols like at minimap for lost enemies, BUT for the Players Panel

at this moment i found next solution: see pic

yellow class marker - enemy spotted/lost

gray class marker - enemy dead

no marker - never seen

post-24425-0-42077700-1408660883_thumb.png

in this panel i don't use any png

Short link

• 1 month later...

Bumping with a new idea - i'm watching igromir tournament stream now and they have some special spectator mode showing them all tanks on both teams all the time - and i don't know which ones are spotted and which are hidden. If they are using some of your software (are they?), {{spotted?}} macro would be good to show some icon on OTM to indicate this.

Just a random thought, though... And, of course, this is useless to normal players and even to normal spectator mode.

Short link

• 1 month later...

P?

Как раз не так давно спрашивали про эти макросы:

"enemySpottedMarker": {

PS может пора похерить этот блок и ввести таки макросы?.)

КТТС. У меня мало времени, только 1-2 часа вечером удается выкроить.
Edited by night_dragon_on
Short link

• 2 weeks later...