Korean Random

Adding a circle for radio range

Hi. Can you add a new circle on the minimap to display how far the current radio range is (based on the currently equipped radio)? I think it would be very useful, especially for arties because even now with 750 meters of radio range sometimes I can't see spotted enemies (I play arty). Having this circle will help me decide my position and stay in radio contact with my allies.

Short link

Can you add a new circle on the minimap to display how far the current radio range is
Try "special" in minimapCircles.xc
    "special": [
      // Example: Artillery gun fire range circle 
      // Пример: Круг дальности стрельбы арты
      // "enabled": false - выключен; "thickness" - толщина; "alpha" - прозрачность; "color" - цвет.
      //{ "ussr-SU-18": { "enabled": true, "thickness": 1, "alpha": 60, "color": "0xEE4444", "distance": 500 } },

make circles for your arty, use 'radio range' instead of 'gun fire range' in "distance"

Short link

Hi. Can you add a new circle on the minimap to display how far the current radio range is (based on the currently equipped radio)? I think it would be very useful, especially for arties because even now with 750 meters of radio range sometimes I can't see spotted enemies (I play arty). Having this circle will help me decide my position and stay in radio contact with my allies.
At first you must learn the principle of work of the radio in the game.

You can communicate with other tanks, if the sum of the distances of both your radios larger than distance between you. If you have 750m radio and ally have 250m radio you can see enemies up to 1000m. 750m circle will not give the right information.

Short link

At first you must learn the principle of work of the radio in the game.

You can communicate with other tanks, if the sum of the distances of both your radios larger than distance between you. If you have 750m radio and ally have 250m radio you can see enemies up to 1000m. 750m circle will not give the right information.

But that only works if my ally is within my radio range. Once on Murovanka I was on K1 in the very corner of the map, trying stay as far as possible away from being spotted by the enemy spotters and when there were a few of them left, I didn't have any radio contact with my allies who were on E9 and D9 where the remaining enemies were, respectively I couldn't see the remaining enemies because of no radio contact.

@Карапузик, if I get it right, if I type SU-8 there, it will work only for SU-8 and it will NOT change/remove the gun range circle for FV-304 (for instance)? Becuase FV-304 is my primary tank which I play often with and I suppose you know its firing range is 500 meters tops. And if I wanna add another arty, I just have to add a new line?

Edited by rado84
Short link

@Карапузик, if I get it right, if I type SU-8 there, it will work only for SU-8 and it will NOT change/remove the gun range circle for FV-304 (for instance)? Becuase FV-304 is my primary tank which I play often with and I suppose you know its firing range is 500 meters tops. And if I wanna add another arty, I just have to add a new line?

Yes.

Short link