Korean Random
Mindstorm38

Rust crate for game's resources codecs and network protocol

Hi! I've been working for a while now on a Rust (lang) crate that provides many codecs for WG's resources. The project is split in two projects, the library and the CLI (which is new and currently not complete at all).

The library contains a "net" (network) module (feature-gated) which partially implement the backbone of the network protocol, which I have partially reverse engineered as of this writing. The module currently fully support the login app and is planned to support client/base/cell apps in the future. In order to support client/base/cell apps, all entities will be defined and imported from entities.xml and their configuration.

Repo: https://github.com/mindstorm38/wg-toolkit-rs

Branch for network development: https://github.com/mindstorm38/wg-toolkit-rs/tree/improve-network

This project was inspired in the first place by SkepticalFox's work on compiled spaces.

Thanks for reading!

Edited by Mindstorm38
  • Upvote 7

Short link

I've made a lot of progress on network protocol, I can achieve a full login process and redirect the client to the base app server. I'm now working on authentication to the base app server, and only then it will be possible to work on garage synchronization. Also made a bit of reverse engineering and DLL injection to easily dump unencrypted packet, also thanks to a recent GitHub repository of a 2014 version of Open Source BigWorld (https://github.com/v2v3v4/BigWorld-Engine-14.4.1).

Edited by Mindstorm38
  • Upvote 3

Short link

Overview of the advancement:

image.thumb.png.67f04ddcf1b32e87aa6bba4032fc674c.png

As you can see, there's issue with blowfish encryption because the client repeatedly retry authentication (which isn't encrypted) because it didn't understand my answer with the key 1. Just a mater of hours until it's fixed, I hope...

• Upvote 2

Short link

This week I worked on a DLL injection to dump all possible client interface elements with their name, IDs, length kind and handler pointer, I'll post my findings later, maybe this weekend.

For the DEV realm, I don't remember trying this, but I don't really know how I can choose this...

• Upvote 1

Short link

I have took pjOrion from this topic

then i took the realm.pyc out off Scripts.pkg common, change the only value to 'DEV'. And put it back with 7zip. For me thats working for the actual client. To compare it with the live Mode. Helpful was also the newest izeberg offhangar mod. You can manualy turn the offline server off and so extend the logfile amount again. There will be some goodies, too.

Good luck. 

Greetings freak

Edited by freak527

Short link

search for izeberg on bitbucket.org offhangar mod have a hidden Feature. :wink:

Edited by freak527
copyright issue

Short link

I made huge progress in the understanding of the different applications and communication between base/cell and client app. I'm now refactoring the net module to avoid much boilerplate when I'll be implementing all elements of the client app. Once this is done, I'll be able to implement the different types of entities (scripts/entities.xml) and their properties/methods.

• Upvote 2

Short link

This is a very great project! It really can make mod development easier. I´m impressed on so much commitment.

greetings freak

• Upvote 1

Short link
09.03.2023 в 21:07, Mindstorm38 сказал:

For the DEV realm, I don't remember trying this, but I don't really know how I can choose this...

It will only affect amount of data provided in python.log.

• Upvote 2

Short link