Korean Random

New feature in your personal area: flag selection

We updated the personal area. Now you can choose a flag that will be displayed in the game next to your nickname.

flag_select.png

flag_in_game.png

* We don’t plan to add flags of non-existent and unrecognized countries and dependent territories.

Short link

hi i download xvm via omc modpack my x in battle is silver not orange it was 2 days ago also i not got my uk flag showing at start of battle i try uninstalled the modpack and restalling it that does not work can anyone help please or tell me why thanks  :hmm:

Short link

Same as "Womble 1965" I've selected United Kingdom and no flag, every other player in game has a flag showing except me. In the XVM folder in the games Res_Mods it does have the flag under en.png uk.png is the Ukrainian flag. I'm guessing the British players wont have a flag showing because the abbreviation for United Kingdom is UK, and that's being used for Ukraine.

It is a simple matter of knowing the name of the png file that anyone who selects United Kingdom will need to name their flag so XVM can pick it up.

Short link

hello , selecting the Belgian flag is the flag of Belarus that appears .... Could you correct this? thank you

Try to update XVM from 6.1.0 or 6.1.0.1 to 6.1.1

The problem with UK flag is now being investigated.

Short link

Thanks for the information Mixaill & Mr 13.

I did download and try the 6.11 release, I replaced all the files in my Oldskool config and it was rather different to the settings I liked and was used to. Then I tried just installing the actual folder that contained the XVM files and although the rest of my mods seemed to work okay, I couldn't see any nations flags at all.

Finally, I managed to resolve the problem and can now see the Union Jack and still run Oldskools mudpack. All I needed to do was to change the Union Jack Flag's name from en.png to gb.png.

So anyone else who is having a similar problem, and is running a Modpack it might be worth trying what I did. Download the updated version of XVM and find what their nations flag is called in the flags folder, then copy it across to the relevant folder, which may be called "lang", in their current set up.

Short link

Good evening I began to day XVM from this site but the problem remains the same the Belgian flag is replaced by the Belarusian flag. thank you

sorry for bad english, i use google translate  :swt3:

Edited by biohazard3
Short link

Thanks for that new feature, but you should validate the input of the update script, as it is easy to set the "flag" attribute to unexpected values (even inject HTML code, maybe script too). For instance, you can replace the flag icon by the word "XX" using the following URL (there's an extra step to perform, but I won't reveal it to avoid script kiddies):

https://account.modxvm.com/account/updsrv?service=flag&value=%27%3EXX%3Cimg%20src=%27
You can validate the value (on the server side) using a regexp like m/^(default|unknown|[a-z]{2})$/i for instance.
Short link