Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
RoyEven

XVM Quickybaby modpack update

Hello i am from Norway and i dont speak Russian sorry for that and i hope somebody here can help me out?

The quistion is that i am using Quickybaby xvm modpack with the settings he uses, now i just wonder how can i keep the Quickybaby settings

and update the latest version off xvm without loosing the Quickybaby settings, he has not updatet the xvm modpack so i am getting ingame trouble now

when using the old xvm version.

Thank you for tips and help :)

Short link

@RoyEven, you must take this folders from latest xvm version:

• res_mods\0.9.4 (all subfolders);
  • res_mods\xvm (only "mods", "l10n");

And put this in your game folder with confirmation of replacement.

Edited by Kotyarko_O
  • Upvote 1

Short link

Hello

I have updated to the latest xvm version and itt works fine but the zoom out mod is gone now and just normal.

Where can i find the setting zoom out mod in the xvm file ore mod file?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards

Short link

There is NONE - this feature isn't supported by xvm. 

You have to use external mod, i suggest getting PMOD as it is another multi-feature mod :) .

Short link

can i just add to this post as this question came up this week on our own forums from a member he wanted to know what files to replace when using nightly builds  so i did this for him:-

for testing nightly builds i do this ,

pre_1420386911__capture.png
in the xvm folder i merge these three folders above that come with the download , i leave the config and res folders alone,

in the 0.9.5 directory just merge the downloaded script folder,

pre_1420386990__capture1.png

open the gui folder above and you will see pic below , safe to merge the flash folder that came with the download of nightly ,but the scaleform
you will need to check, open scaleform directory , and only two files i check are xvm.swf and battle.swf to see if the newer files have a different file size, i customise the rest of the files in there so i only check these two , if different i use the newer versions

pre_1420387106__capture2.png

Short link

from readme:

-----------------------------------------------------------
3. UPDATE
  1. Unzip archive to game folder:
     Right click to archive -> "Extract all..." -> select game folder -> "Extract"
  2. Do NOT do anything else.

Short link

from readme:

3. UPDATE
  1. Unzip archive to game folder:
     Right click to archive -> "Extract all..." -> select game folder -> "Extract"
  2. Do NOT do anything else.

Only, you changed some files recently - so it would be better to check old zip folder by folder, remove everything from res_mods and then install new xvm version. Safest procedure for next 2-3weeks until everyone gets newer version which can be overwritten.

Short link

if you did the method above you would loose your own custom xvm config as it would set to default ?

also i myself use the most recent xvm files but i customise them , like the minimap.swf playerspanels.swf etc. again method above would over write.

many players have their xvm configs set to their own play style and liking , so would not accept the above method as good advice ?

of course nightly is for developers i know this ,so anyone downloading it should be aware if they dig themselves a hole how to get themselves out of it.

i always read the log updates and check what each version has changed so for myself it is not a problem , because i read the version notes i know what has been altered so know what i need to update.

the post i made above was a guide for someone who wanted to keep his own config but use the nightly updates

no harm intended

Short link

if you did the method above you would loose your own custom xvm config as it would set to default ?

No (if your config is not in the "configs/default" directory).

Edited by sirmax

Short link

I can fully recommend using XVM Updater which allows you to install / update XVM straight from their servers without interfering with your config.

Even though QB might update his modpack every WoT patch, there might be some micro patches to xvm itself meanwhile.

Short link

Well, you need to be intelligent enough and NOT delete your own config :D ... And yes, who edits default - guys, think and rename it to your own nickname...

Regarding QB: i peeked into his config recently and he is like a kid in the fog when it comes to modding - so, i pull back my previous words. While he updates xvm files, his config is obsolete beyond comprehension and wild stuff is happening there. 

You can repeat him all those, if you have contact. We will be happy to help fixing this.

Short link

The maps have changed now i see but how can i update to the latest patch?

When i use auto updater itt does not work i am getting full mod then and i dont like that.

Best regards.

Short link