Korean Random

Loading XVM into the Game Problems

I am an experienced xvm user.  I actually edit the Res Mods files myself to add customisation.  Everythig has worked fine up to 1.24.0 but now I am having trouble activating XVM in-game so that I can add some mods.  Previously, to activate XVM I would download the latest version of XVM and run the .exe file.  I would see a run dialog box that finished with "do you wish to activate xvm stats" or something similar, which modified the Res Mods files and added an xvm.sample file to Res Mods, which I have to edit to enable xvm.  Now when I download the .exe file from the xvm website and run it, nothing appears to happen.  XVM is not activated in game.  

The Website instructions are to just unpack the .zip files into the game folder, but if I do that, and edit the xvm.sample file, xvm does not activate in-game.

As a test, I ran ASLAN's xvm mod package and that works fine (but I don't like it!).

What do I now have to do to actually load xvm into the game?

Short link

@_Zoltan_, if you were an experienced XVM user, you would know that you have to activate XVM's network services in your personal area, and the method of installation does not affect activation :smile:

5 minutes ago, _Zoltan_ said:

The Website instructions are to just unpack the .zip files into the game folder, but if I do that, and edit the xvm.sample file, xvm does not activate in-game.

I'm not sure which website you're referring to, but the XVM website clearly tells you how to activate it. Have you never done it before?

image.thumb.png.f62b48bf58c12939e9e258a904d2978d.png

• Upvote 1
Short link