Korean Random
CantChatImBannedUsePing

[Resolved] Config file is ignored and xvm log is empty

I've installed WoT and XVM (from the last 1.20.1 nightly build) on a new PC and it is just ignoring the config files and using the default settings. I renamed xvm.xc.sample to xvm.xc. I tried changing files in the default directory, but it didn't do anything, so I copied them to a new directory and changed xvm.xc to point to the new directory, but that also did nothing. All the files are UTF-8 w/BOM.

I didn't find anything in the python.log that seemed to indicate a problem. When I tried to look at xvm.log it was empty. This is on Windows 11. Any clues?

Short link

Close the game. Attach logs and config.

Edited by yepev
  • Upvote 1

Short link
10 часов назад, CantChatImBannedUsePing сказал:

I've installed WoT and XVM (from the last 1.20.1 nightly build) on a new PC and it is just ignoring the config files and using the default settings. I renamed xvm.xc.sample to xvm.xc. I tried changing files in the default directory, but it didn't do anything, so I copied them to a new directory and changed xvm.xc to point to the new directory, but that also did nothing. All the files are UTF-8 w/BOM.

I didn't find anything in the python.log that seemed to indicate a problem. When I tried to look at xvm.log it was empty. This is on Windows 11. Any clues?

скачивать zip archive :announce:

Short link

It turned out to be unmatched bracket in config file. The only place I saw the error was very briefly on the loading screen in the battle tips section. Now the settings are working and the xvm.log file is being created.

Thanks all!

Short link