Korean Random

About XVM 5.0.0 for World of Tanks 0.8.8

Hello my friends.

Development of XVM 5.0.0 for World of Tanks 0.8.8 is well underway and it will soon appear on the download page (official xvm website).

It should be noted, the new version of XVM does not need Dokan, .NET Framework and XVM-stat.exe. You can just download, install and play.

If anyone has questions about XVM 5.0.0 for WoT 0.8.8 please feel free to ask here.

• Upvote 3

Short link

Is XVM-stat.exe still required for stats, or is that built into XVM?

Edited by bjshnog
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Short link

@bjshnog, in new XVM version xvm-stat.exe will disappear. Stats will work without it.

• Upvote 1

Short link

@T___A, There is some things that are already planned, but now is too early to talk about them. API for developers of other modifications for example. 

Short link

Could you define a marker for the enemy tanks in the field need to be destroyed to acheive the "master tanker" honorary rank, please?

Short link

Thank you for the great work!

Once the 5.0.0 is ready will I be able to use my old config from 4.1.1? I have it pimped and would hate to lose it!

Thanks again :)

Short link

Thank you for the great work!

Once the 5.0.0 is ready will I be able to use my old config from 4.1.1? I have it pimped and would hate to lose it!

Thanks again :)

Yes, you'll able to use your old config. Maybe you'll need to do some changes but you'll not lose it.

@Tajgetosz, i'm sorry but this topic is about XVM 5.0.0 and not about suggestions. In any case, your idea is not new. In the near future this is not planned.

Short link

Yes, you'll able to use your old config. Maybe you'll need to do some changes but you'll not lose it.

@Tajgetosz, i'm sorry but this topic is about XVM 5.0.0 and not about suggestions. In any case, your idea is not new. In the near future this is not planned.

Excellent news!

One more question: I used the 2550 build it worked fine - but: I couldn't find the config file and more importantly the minimap part didn't work at all, and neither did the damage done counter.

Will this return in the full version? Or is it in the build already and I just couldn't find it?

Short link

First of all I want to thank you guys for doing such great work providing us with features WG does not care to implement :-)

Can you give us a roughly date when the new XVM will be available? I just want to know if it is worth the wait or if I should try the nightly build.

Thanks for your answer!

Short link

# TODO

You mean that line?

Isn't it self-explanatory?

I do not know what should be this TODO..

it was only a memorandum..

sorry :hmm:

Short link

I do not know what should be this TODO..

it was only a memorandum..

sorry :hmm:

No need to be sorry, I'm just commenting on what I see there.

If a dev has marked a line as a TODO, it means that it's not a finished implementation yet.

Short link
Can you give us a roughly date when the new XVM will be available? I just want to know if it is worth the wait or if I should try the nightly build.

Thanks for your answer!

Test version is available now on official xvm website. You can try it.

If a dev has marked a line as a TODO, it means that it's not a finished implementation yet.

Exactly :)

, any problems with nightly builds of xvm 5.0.0 should be posted here. I've moved your message. Thank you.

Short link

Привет

In xvm-5.0.0-test1 there are xvm.swf in XVM folder and in 0.8.8\gui\scaleform\

Question 1: Do I need both of them?

Question 2: mods\xvm-hangar.swf in res_mods\0.8.8\xvm\mods\ ?

СПС

Short link

, you need all the files, that were packed in the archive. They are not put there just for fun. All of them are already in correct folders, btw. 

Just unRar and test ;)

Edited by sech_92
  • Upvote 1

Short link

do i still need xvm-stat 1.6 to use xvm 5.0.0?

thanks

Мне все равно нужно XVM-Stat 1.6 использовать XVM 5.0.0?
спасибо

Edited by crazylove

Short link

do i still need xvm-stat 1.6 to use xvm 5.0.0?
no, you don't. Simply run WOTLauncher.exe through default shortcut

Short link