Korean Random
Darth Clicker

Mini map markers wish list

1. How can I disable dead tank markers on the mini map?  I wish to keep the spotted but lost markers so I do not wish to turn off all.
  2. Is it possible to make the centered mini map larger when I press ctrl than the 5 setting?  I know that I can use the +/- keypad keys to make it smaller and larger, but the largest is not as large as I would like it.
  3. I am missing a circle that shows artillery range when I play spg.

I have looked through the xvm files and have attempted to do the above myself, but have not had any luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

• Downvote 2

Short link

1. How can I disable dead tank markers on the mini map?  I wish to keep the spotted but lost markers so I do not wish to turn off all.
  2. Is it possible to make the centered mini map larger when I press ctrl than the 5 setting?  I know that I can use the +/- keypad keys to make it smaller and larger, but the largest is not as large as I would like it.
  3. I am missing a circle that shows artillery range when I play spg.

I have looked through the xvm files and have attempted to do the above myself, but have not had any luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Are you aware of the fact that the minimap is not finished yet? If were you, I would rather wait for the release version with the minimap completely redone.

Short link

Are you aware of the fact that the minimap is not finished yet? If were you, I would rather wait for the release version with the minimap completely redone.

Are you aware that this was a wish list only asking for help?  I was not making any demands.  If I were you, I would more carefully read posts and fully understand what is in the content.  I am not an expert as you seem to be and do not have internal connections with the xvm dev team as you apparently do and do not know all that is possible with the new configurations.  Some changes are possible in the new xvm files but they are not done in the same exact way as before.  Maybe I was missing something in the setups and was hoping for help.

But, I suppose that if I were you, I would know everything that is possible at the moment and I would not have to come here and ask stupid questions.....right?

• Downvote 3

Short link

And are you aware of the fact that all these features you're asking for were available in previous versions of XVM before "AS2->AS3 migration" happened and probably will be available in the next release?

But they're not now, because as Andrew05 has already said, the minimap isn't ready yet.

Short link

And are you aware of the fact that all these features you're asking for were available in previous versions of XVM before "AS2->AS3 migration" happened and probably will be available in the next release?

But they're not now, because as Andrew05 has already said, the minimap isn't ready yet.

Yes, I am completely aware of what was available before WG changed the user interface language from AS2 to AS3.  I have been following along and experimenting and learning with many of the nightly builds.  I am completely aware that some features have been added back into these builds and I only had to find them either by experimenting myself or by information from others who were working with these builds.  I simply thought that I would visit this forum and find out if anyone had any knowledge of if and how this could be accomplished in the current versions.  I guess I was wrong in believing that people would be helpful here.  I learned something new.

Thanks for nothing.

Edited by Darth Clicker
  • Downvote 3

Short link

Darth,

Your topic is entitled "wish list", but your first post goes on about trying to make certain features of the minimap work. But you then state that you know that the minimap is not working at the moment. You also state that you knew these features existed (and therefore could not have been a "wish list" even if you maintained otherwise in your 2nd post). Do you not see how confusing your posts are?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Short link

The mini map is working and has been working.  So I never stated that it was not working at the moment. Do you see how you are adding to the confusion by putting words into my mouth.  Speak for yourself please.

Have you never wished for something that existed but you did not have at the moment?  I wished for the ability or the knowledge.

• Downvote 3

Short link

You said that you "have been following along and experimenting and learning with many of the nightly builds." You also avoid the other 2 posters' questions asking if you knew that the XVM minimap was not working yet. I take all that to mean that you know that the XVM minimap is not working atm. Am I wrong?

In any case, now you clarify that "wish list" means you want to find out how to do the above modifications mentioned in your first post. The problem here is that nobody can answer those questions until the XVM minimap is done.

Edited by scyorkie
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Short link

You said that you "have been following along and experimenting and learning with many of the nightly builds." You also avoid the other 2 posters' questions asking if you knew that the XVM minimap was not working yet. I take all that to mean that you know that the XVM minimap is not working atm. Am I wrong?

In any case, now you clarify that "wish list" means you want to find out how to do the above modifications mentioned in your first post. The problem here is that nobody can answer those questions until the XVM minimap is done.

I did not avoid anything.  You apparently are avoiding reading carefully what people say.  Maybe you should only give qualified answers.  I say this because my first point has been solved since I began this thread.  Contrary to what you say, at least one of these questions can be answered before the mini map is finished.  I no longer have dead tank icons on my mini map.

• Downvote 3

Short link