Korean Random

Trying to emulate a config of markersAliveNormal.xc from a picture (xvm editing noob pleading for help)

Hi all, TheMarine0341 over at Wotlabs posted a great article on scouting. In one of the youtubes I noticed his markersAliveNormal.xc config was vastly different to mine and wanted to modify mine to match his.

I have been struggling for a couple of weeks now, even though TheMarine0341 kindly shared some notes with me. Also got some help from a thread I posted on the WoT Asia forums.

But these have only been minor successes.

Would some of you with configuration experience please enlighten me with the locations and settings within the markersAliveNormal.xc file?

In particular those numbered and named in the picture?

Marine0341-XVMconfig.jpg

With thanks and hope,

G'David

Short link

Look into the markersAliveNormal.xc file form the default config. There are descriptions of settings.

EDIT:

I had a little free time, so I made it for you. It's not exactly the same as in the picture, but I think it will do. Anyway, I can always make alterations.

For shields, in particular the ones from the picture, you need external image files. I'm not sure about the default ones though, because I can't seem to find them anywhere in the game files.

markersAliveNormal.zip

Edited by konrad509
Short link

Thanks for taking the time to do a config and post it konrad509, I am able to have a look now and will show you my current and your configs:

btw, Thoxxy is in my Squad/Platoon and I set playernames to show and ALT showed vehiclename...

My current markersAliveNormal.xc @ loading

My%20current%20display%20shot_004.jpg

My current markersAliveNormal.xc @ battle

My%20current%20display%20shot_005.jpg

Your config @ load

konrad509-shot_006.jpg

Your config @ battle

konrad509-shot_007.jpg

Now I understand the inbattle team display in your config is displayind Personal Ratin (PR).

I really like the way you combined the HP/HealthBar with the Remaining/HP pool numbers inside> :)

Looking at your config and my current version in notepad++ as you advised to see how they compared and also to attempt to learn more.

I was surprised to see the Cyrillic(?) in there and figured out the "// " markers (?) providing for text notes.

Is the difference between the two files something to do with the xvm build versions?

Attached the two builds for comparison purposes, is there anything else I need to share with you?

Kind regards from Down Under,

G'David

Edited by GDavid
Short link

konrad509, thanks again.

From the macros.txt:

│ S │ {{squad-num}}    number of squad (1,2,...), empty if not in squad

I am wondering where the "shield" is too when I tried that over a week ago...?

Also tried Aslain's modpack over the weekend and found there a setting in the loader which included all the details I wanted. However, it wasn't included as a standalone file, and the other elements made my game very laggy.

I will report back as soon as I can find some more detail. Just wish it was easier for a noob like me to find the information easier to digest... :wah:

Short link