Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Dashoff

Client crash/hanging

So my client consistently crashes to desktop and restarts without an error message. This mostly happens when entering the loading screen and at the beginning of my play session usually within the first 1-3 games and seems to sort itself out as i play/restart. Also the game will much less frequently stop responding and present an error message and need to be closed via task manager. There is also a chat bug that breaks the in game chat completely. I press enter and the chat window is gray, radial comes up but won't issue commands. I believe I can still communicate but nothing shows up on my end. My ping to the NA east and west servers also appears on the login screen to be ~200 and ~300 ms where in reality I have 40-50 verified with ping plotter and a trace. In game my ping reports normally. 

I have done 3 clean installs and verified that it is only happening with the mod installed. The WGCheck tool and XVM update application had no effect.

Anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

Edited by Dashoff

Short link

No, but a question -- you say that you have done clean installs.  Did you by chance completely clean out the WOT cache directories prior to the re-install?  Re-installs of WOT will not clean up the cache, and many crashes can be directly traced to corrupt cache files.

Short link

I'm not sure where I got that, I assume somewhere on the wot forums to make sure i wasn't using an outdated version. "World of Tanks's XVM one click installer/updater" :P idk

Vanilla works fine, and I use the official xvm website download. The hit log is the only other thing i can think of that it comes with?

Edit: I just deleted the Cache once more, reinstalled XVM-6.4.2.1 and reran WGCheck. Client has one extraneous file -- 6389 in C:\Games\World_of_tanks 26 bytes (I have found and deleted this before. Had no effect) Plus mods 

xvm.bnk

battle.swf

battlestaticmarkers.swf

battlevehiclemarkers.swf

lobby.swf

mod_.pyc

Going to run a few battles then maybe remove everything except xvm.bnk?

Edited by Dashoff

Short link

Yeah, I have no idea what "XVM Update"  -- unless you are referring to the installer?.

BTW Пользователь, what does "WFT" stand for?  Thats a new one on me :meh:

Just pull the prod version from the XVM main download page - either the zip archive if you like doing it manually or grab the installer. 

So, curious,  what did you use to delete the cache?

Short link

Yeah, dont use 3rd party tools to update XVM -- there's no need.  Just grab the installer that they provide.  However, I would recommend never updating your primary game folder, but instead creating a copy of WOT where you can test updates before promoting them.  Just good, safe game modding.

For future cleaning http://www.mediafire.com/download/w0e79traad94xdh/CacheCleaner_WoT.7z

Short link

BTW Пользователь, what does "WFT" stand for?  Thats a new one on me :meh:

Guy's nickname is Dashoff. "Пользователь" is a kind of a rank on the forum.

And WTF means "what the fuck". It's pretty well known abbreviation on the Internet ;)

Edited by konrad509

Short link

So this same bug is still happening with the new patch. Did a clean install with a cache wipe installed fresh xvm from the new installer and still having random crashes. Any help would be great.

Short link

Delete/rename battleVehicleMarkers.swf - it is not used in the latest XVM and should not have been installed.

It's not included in the latest zip file. How did you install XVM?

Short link

xvm-6.4.3 installer application from the website. Couldnt find any swf file with that name.

Ok, cool. Sorry, I misread some dates in this thread and thought you still had that file. Someone reported they still had that file hanging around and it caused crashes.

Unfortunately I have no other ideas.

Edited by cokebottle

Short link