Korean Random
xwynns

Interface Scaling 2.0 + xvm completely destroys FPS in 9.15.x

Since 9.15 I get massive intermittent stutter and FPS loss with xvm installed, which I have narrowed down after many hours to Interface Scaling 2.0.  This is with a clean WoT install and clean XVM install with no other mods and default settings.  Under normal circumstances (and in 9.14) I maintain 120 fps at all times (Titan X), but when this fps loss hits I drop into the 10-20 range and the mouse cursor is extremely difficult to move, as though there were mechanical input lag (there is not, it just feels like this).

I have experienced these issues in several places:

1) Whenever last knowns are enabled on the minimap.  The game was completely unplayable for me until I went to vanilla minimap AND set the last knowns to only show when pressing ALT.  Even with vanilla minimap, if XVM is present the game will drop to 10 fps whenever I hit ALT to show last knowns.

2) In garage when the settings menu or battle results or crew profile windows are open.

3) Whenever I'm hit by a HE shell from any vehicle.  The FPS loss usually lasts 10 seconds or so, which is essentially permanent when being spammed by HE from a subpar player.

Again, this is a completely stock and clean install of both WoT + XVM and it also occurs with the latest nightly build. Setting Interface Scaling to 1.0 resolves all the issues completely (but I can't see any UI element at all).  I realize that not one person who works on XVM has a 4k monitor and thus doesn't get the option to even test 2x interface scaling, hence why the spotted markers (do not show even with manual settings at 2x scaling) and sixth sense icons (always justified right at 2x scaling) have been broken for over a year with 2x scaling, so perhaps there is a way I could induce someone into looking into these issues?  A decent sized charitable donation or something?

• Upvote 2

Short link