Korean Random

XVM 6.1.1.1 config

Ok, here goes. As we all know, the online config utility is obsolete for a very long time. So, we need to manually edit our configs or take someone else's config and use it. From this, my problem begins. I want MY config, but my 8.x one won't work anymore, and i can't make XVM accept the changes i've made to the files in the configs folder. N matter what i do to those config files, it's always without effect.

I've looked for a tutorial, but they all say: just edit the config files, it's easy. No, it's not. I don't have the patience to edit, start WOT check changes, edit, start WOT, etc. And for me, it's the only way to understand what those things ACTUALLY do. So for the love of god, can someone explain how do i put battle chance to win, if there is no line for it in the battle loading file? Or how to edit tank markers? How high will something go up if i increase the Y number by 10? what color ff0002718 or something will produce? how transparent will something be by setting the amount to xx??

Really...it's a little like web encoding....i don't have the mind to start learning encoding for a config for a mod....

And for the Trolls, idiots, and the like: i want my config, personal, and i want to actually use XVM. you will be ignored from the start.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Short link

N matter what i do to those config files, it's always without effect.
 Seems like you didn't rename xvm.xc.sample into xvm.xc or didn't edit its content. 

edit, start WOT check changes, edit, start WOT
Use a replay for in-battle config part.
  • Upvote 1
Short link

"how do i put battle chance to win" - you turn it on in settings on XVM site

"how to edit tank markers" - start by looking through relevant files from the default config

"How high will something go up if i increase the Y number by 10" - 10 pixels, but down not up

"what color ff0002718 or something will produce" - google "color hex"

"how transparent will something be by setting the amount to xx?" - 0 - transparent, 100 - opaque

Short link