Korean Random

Minimap - no camera direction line after sniper mode

The camera direction line on the minimap is shown properly when round starts, but disappears when entering sniper mode for the first time and does not reappear for the rest of the round.

I normally use the following config for that line, but have observed issue with default config as well:

"camera": [
    { "enabled": true, "from": 50, "to": 2000, "inmeters": true, "thickness": 0.4,   "alpha": 40, "color": "0xEE0044"}
],
XVM version: 5.4.1.1 (problem present in earlier versions, at least several months back)

Antivirus: Bitdefender

Log files attached was from starting WoT and playing a single game, exiting to hangar on death and then immediately exiting WoT.

Edit:

Screenshots

Before entering sniper mode:

shot_022.jpg

After entering and leaving sniper mode:

shot_023.jpg

After studying the screenshots, I noticed that the green camera triangle also disappeared. After some testing, I found that the "cameraAlpha" setting in "minimap" affected the camera line. I still consider it a bug, since the camera line has it's own alpha - thus there is no reason for the cameraAlpha setting to affect it as well. Also it means that there is no way to have the camera line instead of the green triangle.

Conclusion:

This behavior is caused by two bugs:

1. The cameraAlpha setting is applied to the camera line as well as to the green triangle.

2. The cameraAlpha setting is not applied until entering sniper mode for the first time.

python.log

xvm.log

configs.zip

Edited by cower
Short link

1. The cameraAlpha setting is applied to the camera line as well as to the green triangle.

2. The cameraAlpha setting is not applied until entering sniper mode for the first time.

1. look demon's answer

2. fixed, will be commited soon

1. added option minimap/hideCameraTriangle - hide camera direction green triangle

• Upvote 1
Short link

it's not a bug: "Camera transparency and its attached geometry (green triangle)" see minimap.xc

OK, strange design choice then. As I said, the line has it's own alpha and doesn't need to be tied to another option for "controlling alpha for all elements related to camera direction on the minimap".

1. added option minimap/hideCameraTriangle - hide camera direction green triangle

Sounds like a good compromise.

2. fixed, will be commited soon

Great, thanks. :)
Short link

It was not design, but restriction.

Do you mean that it was not possible to add a way to control alpha for the green triangle without tying it to the line, am I just not understanding what you mean with restriction here?
Short link

Do you mean that it was not possible to add a way to control alpha for the green triangle without tying it to the line, am I just not understanding what you mean with restriction here?

Line of sight drawn on the green triangle, so when we change alpha of triangle, alpha for line will also be changed.

Edited by sirmax
Short link