Korean Random

Privacy mode for statistics

Huzk

Would there be an opportunity to add a privacy option for players on the XVM website?

It would basically create add an option for players to block stats from being shown in game via XVM.

The reason I ask this is because if you have good stats, the enemy - Arty in particular - will follow you round relentlessly for the entire game wanting to kill "Uniscum". This allows bad players to easily change the course of the game, which is completely unfair to players with good stats. Arguments that you should just get arty safe are irrelevant, aggressive play means you cannot be arty safe all game. It is just a ridiculous claim.

Its a completely unnatural solution for winning games. Look at the top competitive games out there, games like CS:GO. They show no stats at all, even on your own team, until the game is over. This stops people from playing differently depending on the circumstances, thus making the game play more naturally like it was supposed to which is crucial to competitive play.

It just seems too easy for bad players to change the course of the game, and it happens all the time.... For me I cannot think of any reason why this would be a bad thing. The majority of XVM users would not use this as they have average stats, therefore privacy being pointless for them, but for unicums this would make the game so much more enjoyable not being hoarded down 24/7.

So I am wondering if there will be a feature added to support this as it is a bigger problem to everyone that has good stats. If you don't feel this way it because you have bad stats. I guarantee it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Short link

Would there be an opportunity to add a privacy option for players on the XVM website?
No, there would not be any such or similar opportunity. This question was discussed many times, and the result is that your stats is public data, so anyone who want to see it may see. 
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Short link

• 2 weeks later...

No, there would not be any such or similar opportunity. This question was discussed many times, and the result is that your stats is public data, so anyone who want to see it may see. 

Hey you know what might change this mentality? A heavy DDoS on the XVM servers.

Then maybe we will get the feature we want to disable our stats?

I agree with OP. We should have a disable stats option, so scumbags don't focus you all the time.

And maybe if XVM does not want to add this option, then DDoSing the whole service offline might get them to change their mind.

After all XVM server is public too and for all to send as many requests to it as we want.

• Downvote 4
Short link

Too expensive to make good attack.

And we can always migrate our service to the cloud.

Why not just add a privacy mode next to the prolong button on the website? Why is this difficult. As OP mentioned a lot of us would like this feature.

Not all of us want our stats displayed. Even if you guys at XVM don't implement this, I guess we can always petition WarGaming to implement the feature directly from them and disable the data at the API level.

Yeah if they want to alt+tab out of game to look me up that's fine, they can go ahead and waste their time doing that while they risk dying in game.

XVM just makes it 100% easier to see the data in real time within the game without having to alt+tab or otherwise.

Adding a privacy option is really easy. I'm not sure how it hurts XVM if some people were private.

Short link

I guess we can always petition WarGaming to implement the feature directly from them and disable the data at the API level.
 RU community tried this way. They failed. 

I'm not sure how it hurts XVM if some people were private.
I'm sure it hurts other people using XVM.
Short link

Why not just add a privacy mode next to the prolong button on the website?

Because stats is public and always available in WG API. So, your proposal should have been addressed to WG, not to us. But WG already answered to this and they won't do it. So, if WG think that stats should remain public, we can't do anything with this.

Even if you guys at XVM don't implement this, I guess we can always petition WarGaming to implement the feature directly from them and disable the data at the API level.

Good luck. Hope you'll achieve your goal :)

Short link

As one someone said, "If you are good player, you can handle it. This game is like american sports, like baseball, where everyone can see your stats. So, yeah, if you are a good hitter, you know the opposing pitcher is going to give you his best stuff. How life works, buddy."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1
Short link