Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
LtTuvok

Why does our clan badge not show in top 150?

Hi all, 

I'm trying to find an answer, but I'm not able for now. Does anyone know what to do in order to have my clan badge to show up for XVM users (ones who have that active) since we are ranked in top 150 clans on EU servers.

We have been top 150 (even top 100 for some time) about 2 months ago for 3 weeks or so, but it never happened. We dropped rank (don't ask), and now we're back in top 150 for about 2 weeks. The badge doesn't show. 

Can anyone provide some info on it?

Thanks,

L.T.

Short link

Hi all, 

I'm trying to find an answer, but I'm not able for now. Does anyone know what to do in order to have my clan badge to show up for XVM users (ones who have that active) since we are ranked in top 150 clans on EU servers.

We have been top 150 (even top 100 for some time) about 2 months ago for 3 weeks or so, but it never happened. We dropped rank (don't ask), and now we're back in top 150 for about 2 weeks. The badge doesn't show. 

Can anyone provide some info on it?

Thanks,

L.T.

Since XVM 6.0 the top GM clan icons system is changed.

Briefly there are two main positions:

1) Clan icons are excluded from the mod archive and are downloaded from server automatically;

2) The criteria for top clans is changed from ivanerr.ru to Elo clan rating for GM.

More info about transition to server functionality.

In previous releases the clan icons were manually added to mod archive. Now XVM server monitors top clans and at the client start the list is downloaded. When a top clan member is met in battle his clan icon is downloaded from XVM server. What it gives:

- Obsolete icons of clans, who left top are not mixed with new ones;

- Top list update 8 times per day, not once per XVM release;

- Always an actual icon (if a clan changes it);

- Decreasing mod archive size;

- Setting of clan number to be treated as top in personal cabinet (top 50, top 100 ... top 1000);

Also the old functionality for displaying the icons from clanicons folder is left, so you may add there the clans you want.

Details on rating change.

Previously the ivanerr.ru clan rating was used. Now it will be Elo rating. wGM column here for EU http://eu.wargaming.net/clans/leaderboards/#ratingssearch&offset=0&limit=100&order=-egm&timeframe=all)

for US http://na.wargaming.net/clans/leaderboards/#ratingssearch&offset=0&limit=100&order=-egm&timeframe=all

What it gives us:

- Clan rating does not depend on aspects like number of players or their vehicles - it depends only on results if clan battles;

- There is no ability to increase rating by inviting players with higher stats or bigger amount of vehicles;

- Rating can be remarkably increased only by fighting strong rivals and winning those battles.

Edited by Andrew05

Short link

Ok, so it's not the clan overall rank, it's the clan elo rating rank. Thanks, that explains a lot!

Short link