Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
SuperGumbyAU

Not getting as many clan icons on the player panel as I expect

I am using Aslain's mod installer (includes XVM config).

Some clan icons appear, but very few.

I was reminded by Aslain that the number of clan icons displayed is controlled from modxvm.com, so I went there to check what I had. Was set for 500, which should include my own clan (77ARC is rated 455th on NA).

On modxvm, logged in via WG ID, I found it surprising that I had the option to 'Activate Services' because they were already activated... do it again anyway.

Just to be sure, change the number of clans from 500 to 1000 (max), and 'Update Services' too.

Run game (game was closed while above actions taken). Still not getting many clan icons on the Player Panels.

HMMMM, OK, was running Aslain's 9.12.5 and 9.12.7 is latest, grab it.

'Clean install' and 'Clear cache and reset game settings'.

Still only getting a few clan icons. Not getting 77ARC and, fer instance, TOTEM was in a battle and theirs didn't show either.

Ideas?

Short link
77ARC is rated 455th on NA

This clan is not included in wGM rating (not enough battles on Global Map).

TOTEM

The same.

Short link

Mr 13, надо, наверно, добавить в настройки "число топ-кланов по рейтингу вГМ", шоб уж наверняка))

Edited by vlad_cs_sr
  • Upvote 1

Short link

I would like to see clan icons for ALL clans.

i would too, but i think they decided it's too much bandwidth to download all icons all the time. :-) OTOH, i would very much appreciate some kind of option to choose some number of clans (by whichever filters i want) and download their icons, once, without bothering with any dynamic update. Don't have much hopes that such a thing exists, though... :-s

Short link
bandwidth

is not a problem at all for us. But "all icons pack" is pretty useless IMO.

i would very much appreciate some kind of option to choose some number of clans (by whichever filters i want) and download their icons, once, without bothering with any dynamic update.

Our developers just don't have enough time for implementation of all requested features. We implement most important and popular ones.

So, if someone finds that this(or any other) feature can be useful and can implement it, then welcome, we appreciate any help :)

Short link

Sorry, I still 'don't get it'.

The clan I belong to, 77ARC, and many other clans are 'rated well' according to Wargaming. Why don't our icons show?

'not enough battles on the Global Map'. STUFF the GM, we actively _play the game_ and would like our icons to show.

Short link

bandwidth

is not a problem at all for us. But "all icons pack" is pretty useless IMO.

So technically there would be no problem to allow for a user-defined setting for a cutoff value (i.e., someone might want only top 100 clans, others would top 500, or top 1000, or some other values) and download missing icons at the start of each battle if a particular icon would be missing?!

Short link

So technically there would be no problem to allow for a user-defined setting for a cutoff value (i.e., someone might want only top 100 clans, others would top 500, or top 1000, or some other values) and download missing icons at the start of each battle if a particular icon would be missing?!

It's already done.

1.png

we actively _play the game_ and would like our icons to show.

When we talk about clans, does not matter how actively you play the game as separate players. Be active as clan in activities intended for clans.

• Upvote 1

Short link

We are active, as a clan, in strongholds.

actually, no, it's even more simple than that.

As a player of the game (disregard my clan affiliation) I would like to see clan icons for, at least, any clan that has 'active players' in the game.

I, personally, don't care whether they are active on the GM or Strongholds. If they have members who are regularly playing the game I would like to see their clan icon.

OTOH 'tiny clans' or 'clans with few recent battles', I can accept as not being included. I would _prefer_ that their clan icons also be displayed but if those who are setting the rules are not prepared to include _ALL_ clans than 'some activity in the game' may be a valid inclusion/exclusion criteria.

Yes, I can scan the player name area of the player panel to see clan names. 'visual clues' (clan icons) are much more immediate though.

Short link

It's already done.

attachicon.gif1.png

Oh, so the feature that controls downloading new clan icons is available only for linked (i.e., with active token) accounts? Actually, from the bits and pieces i found in the source code, i think it's not really downloading... it's merely showing an image that is available online?

Short link

and that's part of the 'silliness' of the question (as to whether clan icons be visible or not). MODXVM don't care about the bandwidth because it is a trivial amount of traffic from the Wargaming webserver. Used to be that there was a 'download' of icons that had to be in a particular folder, but that's no longer so.

The GOOD thing about the old system was that if your clan, or clans you 'recognise', wasn't in the download you could manually add the clan icon(s) to the folder.

I know people who actually deleted most icons from the folder because they only wanted 'my clan and those clans my clan is friendly with'. (some guys retained 'those clans I hate', because they wanted to easily see them too)

MODXVM 'changed things' so that the download was no longer necessary. When that was done my own clan (77ARC) and many clans 'I would like to recognise' were still being displayed.

Recently, MODXVM 'changed things' again, and only those clan who are active on the Global Map are displayed.

Who made this decision AND WHY?

Was there a 'vote' by XVM users? and did such vote include 'decent representation' from 'ordinary players'?

We can once again forget that I am in a clan. As a player of the game (regardles of clan affiliation) _I_ would like many more clan icons to be displayed than is currently happening. I don't give a Rat's Heiney about whether those clans are/not 'active on the Global Map', if I run into them on the battlefield I would like their clan icon to be displayed, at least for 'clans that have members regularly playing the game'.

• Upvote 1

Short link