Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Jerryfer

how to remove single XVM feature

Hi,

My clients occasionally fails to load the battle, killing and restarting game usually helps.

I'd like to track down if this is somehow related to XVM, is it possible to temporarily remove "Battle Loading" part of XVM without impairing rest of its features?

I probably need to delete some files from res_mods, which one would it be?

Thanks,

J.

Short link

I probably need to delete some files from res_mods, which one would it be?

You should not do that. XVM is indivisible.

My clients occasionally fails to load the battle, killing and restarting game usually helps.

Logs?

Short link

You should not do that. XVM is indivisible.

Logs?

Too bad. Logs does not contain anything interesting - it seems they are buffered in the memory and crucial information never gets written to file when my client hangs. This happens randomly, on average once per 20-30 games. But it never happened on CW with Fog of War, so that's why I put XVM on the suspect list.

Short link

Too bad.

No, its not bad. You should disable battle part in config if it reproducable with xvm.

But it never happened on CW with Fog of War, so that's why I put XVM on the suspect list.

Then you should reproduce it with XVM only.

Short link

No, its not bad. You should disable battle part in config if it reproducable with xvm.

Hmm, will removing

"battleLoading": ${"battleLoading.xc":"battleLoading"},

from config disable XVM's BattleLoading subroutines or will it just fallback to default config values?

Then you should reproduce it with XVM only.

I never said it's a isolated XVM bug. I am experiencing and investigating it since 9.6... It took me many playing hours with different mods setups trying to reproduce the bug's conditions. I never succeeded to isolate the root. I was even able to "reproduce" hang with vanilla install - but still without logs one can't tell if this was the same bug or another, rare one. One fact I am almost sure - more mods installed, more frequent hangs. It makes sense for me - if hangs happen at random, they are probably caused by some race condition. More stress during loading, more chances to fail. So the idea now was to remove Battle Loading from XVM, (as it is unimportant for gameplay) and observe if number of hangs will reduce.

Short link
Logs does not contain anything interesting - it seems they are buffered in the memory and crucial information never gets written to file when my client hangs.

@sirmax, это лечится каким-то параметром? Переменной окружения?

Edited by TwoPizza

Short link