Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Desp

Config debugging

Hi all,

I wonder if there is any way to debug xvm configs? I downloaded nightly build and tried my custom configs but they are not working properly. My rough guess is that something is "crashing" my custom config loading, therefore either using defauls or not loading anything after specific line.

Short link

You should get an error notification when XVM loads your config. 

This is either the case on normal startup with the error message showing in your information thingy in the bottom right (where your battle results show up)

or it shows up as tooltip below the team panels while loading a replay.

In both scenarios the faulty section (or parts of it) of your config is shown.

That's the way I debug my config if something goes wrong. I'm sure there are other ways via the log files but that's something I know nothing about.

Alternatively you can of course just show us your config and tell us which section produces the error, I'm sure we'll find the problem ;)

• Upvote 1

Short link

Tnx alot! Didnt even notice error message when loading map. I was just trying to find some log file for this.

Problem solved: Some reason old xvm didnt care if I had extra comma on array. Error message was something like 'Array': <value> expected, got "]" at 230:5', u'res_mods/configs/xvm/\\Desp\\MarkersAliveNormal.xc

Short link

Tnx alot! Didnt even notice error message when loading map. I was just trying to find some log file for this.

Problem solved: Some reason old xvm didnt care if I had extra comma on array. Error message was something like 'Array': <value> expected, got "]" at 230:5', u'res_mods/configs/xvm/\\Desp\\MarkersAliveNormal.xc

Glad I could help :)

Short link