Korean Random
Slartybartfest

How to change from personal rating to WN8

I am using an old config from Engiand that I love so I have stuck with it. When I use the XVM updater program (I am not that programming savvy) to install Engiands config the players panel rating is not displaying any WN8 or player rating and the loading screen for battle is displaying the players personal rating. I would liketo display the players 4 digit WN8 both in game on the players panel as well as the loading screen. I attempted to change the statistic form and player panels files to a WN8 macro but I ended up erasing the number completely from the players panel during battle. Anyone who could help out and offer a suggestion in layman's terms I would greatly appreciate it. I have attached a copy of the players panel, statistic form, battle loading screen and XVM config files.

A second Issue is the mini map displaying text like DEMON2597 and some Cyrillic stuff for other vehicle types when an enemy goes dark. I dug through all the minimap files and could not find anything referencing that code. Any help here in removing this would also be a great help. I understand this XVM config is old as hell but I love the layout. I do not know enough on my own to take a basic default XVM file and code it to display everything I like about this particular config. With the recent macro changes this config is becoming more and more challenging to use as I had to make many adjustments on my own during the last patch and this time I just cant figure it out through research on my own so I am reaching out to this tremendous community for help.

Any additional info or files I may be missing please let me know as I am unsure if what is provided can help solve my issues.

Thanks again,

A coding noob

@XVM.xc

playersPanel.xc

battleLoading.xc

statisticForm.xc

Edited by Slartybartfest

Short link

To get the obvious out of the way, did you go to the settings on the XVM website and click the WN8 circle?

Short link

So I went to the XVM website and selected the WN8 scaling and that worked for my config. Thank you very much. I had downloaded 3 other configs and they were using WN8 without the requirement to select it from the XVM website. Only this config was posting player ratings (based off of my selection on the website). Do certain configs point to the website and others do not?

Lastly any suggestions on how to incorporate the players WN8 score in the players panel or the fixing of the mini map icons?

Short link

So I went to the XVM website and selected the WN8 scaling and that worked for my config. Thank you very much. I had downloaded 3 other configs and they were using WN8 without the requirement to select it from the XVM website. Only this config was posting player ratings (based off of my selection on the website). Do certain configs point to the website and others do not?

Lastly any suggestions on how to incorporate the players WN8 score in the players panel or the fixing of the mini map icons?

Glad I could help on that part, but alas I don't know too much about the other problems you are having. Good luck!

Short link

No problem, I appreciate you providing me with what you have. Thank you again.

I hope someone here might be able to help me with the last couple items.

Short link

For minimap problem - http://www.koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/24544-minimap-showing-demon2597-he-rotobcyrillic-and-similar-messages/?hl=demon2597

Do certain configs point to the website and others do not?

It's not about that. You can incorporate a rating like WGR, WN8, WN6, EFF or xTE into your config in two ways - by using a dynamic macro {{r}} and selecting the kind of rating you want to have displayed on the XVM site, or by using a fixed macro like {{wn6}}, {{wn8}} etc.

Lastly any suggestions on how to incorporate the players WN8 score in the players panel

Post your playersPanel.xc file here if you're not using the default config and tell where exactly you want to put the WN8 rating.

• Upvote 1

Short link

I deleted my XVM fonts in my windows directory after reading that post. I looked for new fonts as well but the link I found was all Cyrillic and google translate didnt do very well for me. I also read that some macros can just use the fonts that are provided by windows. Anyway, the issue is still happening in regard to my mini map.

I have attached  a copy of my players panel config in the original post. Are you able to see it or have I done it improperly? I would like WN8 to show just to the left of the per tank win rate on the left player panel and just to the right of the per tank win rate on the right player panel. Thanks again for your response.

Short link

Oh, sorry, didn't notice.

Replace

"nickFormatLeft": "<font color='{{c:t-rating}}'>{{t-rating%2d~%|--%}}</font> <font color='{{c:rating}}'>{{nick}}</font>",
"nickFormatRight": "<font color='{{c:rating}}'>{{nick}}</font> <font color='{{c:t-rating}}'>{{t-rating%2d~%|--%}}</font>",

with

"nickFormatLeft": "<font color='{{c:wn8}}'>{{wn8%4d|----}}</font> <font color='{{c:t-winrate}}'>{{t-winrate%2d~%|--%}}</font> <font color='{{c:winrate}}'>{{nick}}</font>",
"nickFormatRight": "<font color='{{c:winrate}}'>{{nick}}</font> <font color='{{c:t-winrate}}'>{{t-winrate%2d~%|--%}}</font> <font color='{{c:wn8}}'>{{wn8%4d|----}}</font>",

You really have an outdated config :)

Edited by konrad509
  • Upvote 1

Short link