Korean Random
Robjon70

XVM causing WoT to freeze

This problem has been happening since 9.8. XVM has worked fine up until then. Now, within about a minute of launching the game with XVM my game freezes. It happens in game, in the garage. I noticed another user having this issue and he solved it by restoring his computer, but I'd rather try to find an easier solution before doing that.

All my other mods work, but the minute I add XVM that's when the freezing happens, so I know it has to be an issue with XVM.

I've done about 3 complete re-downloads of the client, deleting my cache and trying both the HD and SD version. 

Here are the python and xvm logs, along with the zip archive of res_mods/configs/xvm. If you could help me that'd be fantastic.

Thanks and have a good one.

xvm.log

python.log

xvm.zip

Short link

From where did you downloaded this old and broken version?

Anfield's mod pack, latest version v1.3.1. 

From where did you downloaded this old and broken version?

Would you like me to download the newest base XVM and then send those logs?

Short link

The latest offical XVM was downloaded and installed. 

It crashed when I selected my 2nd tank in the garage, but when I alt tabbed out to close it, the game play resumed, only for it to crash again.

python.log

xvm.log

Short link

Try to cleanup res_mods folder before installing XVM.

Edited by sirmax

Short link

Try to cleanup res_mods folder before installing XVM.

How would one go about doing that? The res_mods folder just has a 9.8.1 folder in it with nothing in that folder if no mods are installed

Edited by Robjon70

Short link

If it have only empty 0.9.8.1 folder, then it is clear, and you can install XVM.

Short link

If it have only empty 0.9.8.1 folder, then it is clear, and you can install XVM.

Done. Reinstalled the newest version of XVM after I cleared my res_mods.

It crashed again, here are some new logs. Thanks.

python.log

xvm.log

Short link

I don't see any problem in the logs. Please describe your actions and what kind of crash do you have.

Short link

I don't see any problem in the logs. Please describe your actions and what kind of crash do you have.

I open up the World of Tanks launcher and log in. When I press the log in button, there's some sort of 3 second long freeze while it says "Synchronizing Equipment and Consumables", but I get in fine. I look around the garage a bit, scroll through, pick out a tank, and then it freezes. I Ctrl+Alt+Del to open up task manager, but then I hear background noise and when I click on tanks, it works fine again for a few moments, until it eventually freezes again.

I've tried re installing my driver many times, and even try installing old drivers.

If needed, I'm sure I could provide a video.

Also, sometimes, instead of crashing, when I pick a tank, it gets hung up on "Updating Crew" and the background has lighting issues. Again, when I alt tab, I can resume tanks just find until it freezes or has another hung up "updating crew"

Edited by Robjon70

Short link

Did the vanilla client works without problems?

Yes. I even installed mods such as SessionStats and J1mbo's Crosshairs and I didn't have a problem whatsoever. It has to be XVM causing the problem, but wouldn't any problem be shown in the logs?

Maybe I just might have to restore my computer.

Short link

You can try to reinstall WoT.

I've tried that 4 times to no avail. Oh well, thank you for your help. I guess the only answer to this weird issue is to restore.

Short link

This is possible XVM bug, because the lot of changes was made. May be someone else have the same issue?

Short link