Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Drahkan

Minimap showing "Demon2597", "HE ROTOB"[Cyrillic] and similar messages

Hi,

When I install/use XVM, if I leave the Minimap.swf file in gui/scaleform/ and run the game it works as it should for the most part (correct icons and their alphas, tank names etc. based on config params, etc.), but it also likes to pop up 3 different, very large (relative to everything else on the minimap) "icons" that make no sense and/or I don't want:

* "NOT READY" inside of a rectangle (I understand this one, but I would rather not see it)

* "HE ROTOB" [it's actually Cryrillic that looks similar to that] that seems to appear when a tank is near the edge of the map

* "Demon2597" in HUGE stylized letters...and I have absolutely no idea what makes this appear, but I think it has something to do with either a tank destruction or a lost enemy(..?)

If I change the Minimap.swf's name to something else (i.e. "comment it out") XVM still shows my range circles, direction of view, etc. on the minimap...but it otherwise acts like the vanilla minimap with no text, "lost enemy" icons, etc. But the moment I enable the swf it goes back to showing those meaningless icons/statements.

I've spent many hours looking through the XVM config files in Notepad++ and I can't find anything that I recognize as causing this, and I have neither been able to find an answer to this on the XVM forums or using any variation of keywords on Google.

Anyone have an idea how to fix this?

Thanks!

- Drahkan

Short link

Try to uninstall XVM or XVMSymbol fonts from your system.

LOL I didn't even know there were either! :( I'll look for them on the main XVM site, but if you (or anyone else) can post a hyperlink that would be great.

EDIT: I just checked the 6.1.1.1 notes and saw that embedded fonts have apparently been modified, so I'm upgrading now and will see what happens.

I just installed 6.1.1.1, then found the XVM font file in J1mB0's XVM mod pack, *then* re-installed my preferred XVM config over the base install...and problem fixed!  I'm not sure if it's the new font or the font embedded into the swfs, but in any case I won't complain. Thanks for the help, Mixaill!

Edited by Drahkan

Short link