Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
nightmare_war

Help with XVM 6.0.0.3 (spotting markers) RESOLVED

Since the latest update my spotted markers in players panel is now hidden underneath the clan logo, I have searched for trouble shooting on the forum and have done most if not all said solutions for this problem, I have only come across this problem since the latest version. I have also gone back to how my XVM.xc file used to be as the new changes didn't do anything just in-case someone wondered.

Is it cause I still use the xvm.xc file rather than each individual file? If so why is this suddenly a problem now?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me and at least attempting to fix any problem.

Nightmare

Edited by nightmare_war

Short link

hopefully someone can help me
default config can. this macro was changed some patches ago and I have no idea why it worked for you untill now. you need to add a new subsection in "texts"
  • Upvote 1

Short link

Could you explain a bit more, never really had to edit my file via text document I have found the "texts" area but still none the wiser at what to put in there. Thank you for helping out though :)

Short link

I have found the "texts" area but still none the wiser at what to put in there.
compare the found section with texs.xc from default config. U'll discover a missing section. Copy it to your texts and after it replace the formats with the ones you previously had in playerPanels{ enemySpottedMarker {}}. Chekc default [layerPanels for an example.
The last step is to create an extraField with the marker, you have just defined. It may be copied completely from default. Just adjust coordinates.
It'll take you 10-30 minutes, I hope. Feel free to ask if something goes wrong :)
  • Upvote 1

Short link

Okay I replaced my "texts" section with texts.xc but I started getting problems when I replaced "playersPanel" kept giving me different errors upon startup in the small box below player loading page did manage to screenshot one error but the other I couldn't 

not sure what that means but it was only after I added the updated "playersPanel" section. I will have another attempt this morning and hopefully I will be able to sort it if not I am stuck with the spotted markers below clan logo haha

edit: This is my players panel running on standard playersPanel.xc and spotted markers are still the same 

post-30679-0-51575300-1424073063_thumb.jpg
Edited by nightmare_war

Short link

did manage to screenshot one error
My browser says that first spoiler is emty :( You may read all the same errors in xvm.log (in game root folder). Usually it is syntax error, like missing coma. 
  • Upvote 1

Short link

My browser says that first spoiler is emty :( You may read all the same errors in xvm.log (in game root folder). Usually it is syntax error, like missing coma. 

Well I thank you for trying to help me, but I added comma in places I needed them (looked at all the original lines) and it kept coming back as an error. I have decided to just move the clan logo over to where the spotting marker used to me. Hopefully XVM team will release a editor again. But thank you for trying to help me :)

Short link