Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Khaelamensha

Question about possible Unicode/ASCII symbols (e.g. spotted markers)

Dear XVM crew, 

I was tinkering around a bit with the newest XVM version and got my old config files up to date. One of the major changes for me was the introduction of lightbulbs instead of * for the spotted markers. I was wondering, which other symbols I could use? I tried looking up the p code for example, and one website tells me that this is the unicode hex code for the small letter p. But it turns out, that it is in fact the lightbulb in-game. I tried replacing the p part in the texts.xc file with other unicode hex codes i found on this website, but it only gave me a rectangular shape, probably because the code was not recognized. I also tried putting a * instead of the p code, but that didnt work, I got an icon of a tank instead. Which is also quite neat, but it was a bit too big and was too distracting, so i changed it back to the p  

So now my question basically is, what are those codes that you are using, are they shortened somehow, and is there maybe a list somewhere, where I could find other icons/symbols that I could use by entering the right code for them? 

Thank you in advance, and also thanks a lot for all the work you guys have put into XVM over the years! 

Short link

Wow, thanks for that insanely fast answer. I had a look at it, and I saw some really interesting symbols. The question is, which code do I have to use to get them? I figured out, that 77 is the x marker used in the hitlog, 70 and 80 are the light bulb and skull with bones, but it doesnt seem to follow a pattern. those symbols are quite far apart from each other in the .ttf file if i open it using the windows font viewer program. also i wonder, why the * sign leads to the regular tank icon showing up. if you dont want to answer those questions, or they have been answered somewhere else, let me know, then i'll keep on doing a trial and error method. I'd really appreciate your help though :-) 

Short link

for example, you can put this font into windows\fonts directory and use charmap program (windows built-in) to view codes of symbols.

don't forget to delete the font afterwards.

Short link

Ok, thanks for that, it helped to some degree :P If I look at the font using the charmap function, i can only see 70 icons. The two icons that are used in the hitlog for example, i can't even see them in the charmap overview... Anyway, I think I can figure it out from here. Thanks for the help so far! 

Short link