Korean Random

Enemey Spotted Marker

Hi,

Firstly, please forgive me - I'm a massive technophobe who fears that one day the machines will rise up and kill us all, and I therefore have a health fear/respect for them.

Consequently, I am RUBBISH at sorting out the games I so dearly love to play, like WOT.

Now, onto my issue. since patch 9.7, I have not for the life of me been able to get the enemy spotted markers working in World of Tanks. At first, I thought this was because of QB's modpack, which I use as a base (even though i don't like him), with YasenKrasen and received damage announcer added on top.

I changed modpacks, to Aslains, to sirfoch's, to circon's - none of them got the enemy spotted markers to work. The same is true for 9.8 - I haven't even played the game since the patch because of this, except going in on my alt account to test stuff out.

Can anyone help me? I am desparate - so much so I almost bought an Armored Warfare bundle earlier today! I don't like change and not having that working, having got used to it before, makes me so sad.

I know you will need me to post some stuff, but see paragraph 2 above - I am a tech retard. Therefore if you need me to post some files or screenshots etc., just let me know what and how in the comments please.

If anyone can help me i will be eternally grateful.

Thanks,

Snoregasm2

Short link

hi,

try this:

http://www.koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/24060-%D0%BF%D0%BE%D0%BF%D1%83%D0%BB%D1%8F%D1%80%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B5-%D0%B2%D0%BE%D0%BF%D1%80%D0%BE%D1%81%D1%8B-%D0%B8-%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B2%D0%B5%D1%82%D1%8B-%D0%B2-097-faq-097/

if it does not help, delete XVMSymbol font from windows/fonts directory

if it does not help, attach xvm.log, python.log and your config directory

• Upvote 1
Short link

Hi,

Tried updating XVM to the newest version (31/05/15) and using quickybaby's config - still no spotted markers.

What do you mean by Fonts? Here is a screenshot of the current fonts:

Thanks again for the help - like I said, this has been a problem since 9.7

post-32459-0-63731500-1433188370_thumb.jpg

Edited by Snoregasm2
Short link

Hi,

Tried updating XVM to the newest version (31/05/15) and using quickybaby's config - still no spotted markers.

What do you mean by Fonts? Here is a screenshot of the current fonts:

Thanks again for the help - like I said, this has been a problem since 9.7

try deleting the "XVM Regular" font, there should not be XVM fonts there, as recent versions use built-in fonts.

Edited by Helkar
  • Upvote 1
Short link

i've looked deeper into your config, and it's very outdated compared to default config.

try this fix to your config (spotted status taken from my config, it marks not seen vehicles with asterix):

xvm.xc

if it will work, try following fix to your config (spotted status taken from default config):

xvm.xc

Short link