Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Alter8

Crash after killing enemy

Hello!

Since a few days ago, after trying many different configs of xvm, I start to get this problem. Every time I kill an enemy tank, game crashes.

I have tried to find a solution, but haven't been able so far. I read some people talked about the fonts, but I have already installed Lucida Console and Wingdings as per the FAQ. In my case playing without them just gave me those squares instead of numbers, but no crashes.

This problem does not happen when I remove xvm, but it happens now with every xvm I try.

My system is Linux, nvidia drivers 325, and I have used wot/xvm for months without this problem.

I have been doing some testing in the tutorial. When I kill the first enemy tank, the game always crashes. The only event logged is, in python.log:

The BigWorld Client has encountered an unhandled exception and must close (EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION : 0xC0000005 @ 0x00A4DDB4) (Read @ 0xE02484CF)

Not too helpful, I know.  And then I CTD. xvm.log shows nothing.

If I then launch the game again, the tutorial reloads, and I can kill the other two enemies with no crashes!

In real battles my experience is that I crash everytime I kill someone, not just the first.

Any ideas?

Short link

Oh well, so I think I have fixed it now... It seems I had a defective windings font, or its name was case sensitive... I have downloaded another Wingdings font, renamed it exactly Wingdings.ttf and now finally no more crashes after kill!

Sorry for taking your time ><

Short link