Korean Random
zoeballz

XVM Failing 1/2 the time in battle (on Windows 7)

Okay, thanks to clear that out. I thought it is the same issue, cause I also have some random battles without propper XVM.
Will wait with patience. 

Short link
On 6/22/2022 at 6:54 AM, zoeballz said:

WELL - New version of XVM still has the same bug but not happening as regularly in the last few days.

Pls see my last post about where you can check what is included in the patch.  This update was nothing else than to reflect the new  WoT version due to the mini-patch again, but without any other changes and fixes.

It makes no sense to refer a new version and expect a fix for a problem which was not targeted at all. It's just a wrong expectation.

However, I'm surprised that we haven't heard anything from Dev's so far. Not even a confirmation and that they are aware of this and might look into it at some point. But again, we all don't know their other duties and real-life situation.

• Upvote 2

Short link

@Bohewulf You'd better ask the WG about this because the root of the problem with Windows 7 stems from a bug they added in their micropatch.

Short link
On 7/21/2022 at 7:16 PM, yepev said:

@Bohewulf You'd better ask the WG about this because the root of the problem with Windows 7 stems from a bug they added in their micropatch.

True. But how do we know that it is a) a bug in the game files and b) related to Win7. As far as I see the issue appears also with Win10 systems.

Short link
17 часов назад, Bohewulf сказал:

But how do we know that it is a) a bug in the game files and b) related to Win7.

We know this from the reports and logs of Windows 7 users.

17 часов назад, Bohewulf сказал:

As far as I see the issue appears also with Win10 systems.

What exactly do you see? I haven't seen any post from Windows 10 users about this issue.

I have seen Windows 7 user who try to convince us that this problem happens on Windows 10, but this is not the case. But I haven't seen any real report from Windows 10 user with such problem.

PS. Just in case, I'll clarify: lack of XVM features in skirmish mode is a DIFFERENT issue, and not the one discussed in this thread.

If you have any problems with XVM and you are not a Windows 7 user, create a new topic with a detailed description of your problem, screenshots and logs.

Edited by yepev

Short link
9 hours ago, yepev said:

We know this from the reports and logs of Windows 7 users.

What exactly do you see? I haven't seen any post from Windows 10 users about this issue.

I have seen Windows 7 user who try to convince us that this problem happens on Windows 10, but this is not the case. But I haven't seen any real report from Windows 10 user with such problem.

PS. Just in case, I'll clarify: lack of XVM features in skirmish mode is a DIFFERENT issue, and not the one discussed in this thread.

If you have any problems with XVM and you are not a Windows 7 user, create a new topic with a detailed description of your problem, screenshots and logs.

What file can I supply to WG in order to point them to the bug?

Short link

@Bohewulf It is better to ask them what files they need. Most likely not only a file, but also a detailed description of the steps to reproduce the problem, and also be sure to tell them that this happened after their micropatch, in which they did not change the minor version of the game, but made some changes that affected users Windows 7.

Also be prepared that front line support won't understand you and will tell that they only accept bug reports without mods. Vicious circle :)

The main thing is that the problem occurs even on a clean client without mods with Windows 7. It's just that with mods it is much more noticeable. Ideally, reproduce it with a clean client and then contact WG after that.

Short link

@yepev 

I placed some comment in the WG forum bug section as well as a ticket. Yes, the chances that they follow-up the issue are rather slim.

@all

Two questions:

1. Do we know which micro patch exactly started the issue? I cannot remember, all I know is that it was a micro patch, not one of the larger, "official" ones

2. Do we know if and what bugs related to this issue appear in vanilla WoT?  From what I see is that bugs appears only with modded features. In vanilla mode I experience no abnormalities.

Edited by Bohewulf

Short link
20 минут назад, Bohewulf сказал:

Do we know which micro patch exactly started the issue? I cannot remember, all I know is that it was a micro patch, not one of the larger, "official" ones

If I remember correctly, it was a micro-patch in early June in which WG didn't change the version of the mods folder.

Around June 7th. +/- a few days.

Short link
On 7/24/2022 at 11:28 PM, yepev said:

The main thing is that the problem occurs even on a clean client without mods with Windows 7. It's just that with mods it is much more noticeable. Ideally, reproduce it with a clean client and then contact WG after that.

Actually the problem does not appear on Windows 7 without mods.

I deleted the mods for almost 2 months now, and no problems with the game until now, running on Windows 7.

Short link
On 8/26/2022 at 11:54 AM, Bujuradu said:

Actually the problem does not appear on Windows 7 without mods.

I deleted the mods for almost 2 months now, and no problems with the game until now, running on Windows 7.

Does this mean that you tried it now with mods (and the bug appears) or do u mean that it is now also appearing without mods on Win7? In case of the latter, what problem appears?

Edited by Bohewulf

Short link

I came back to WOT after a break and problems with XVM started, sometimes it works and sometimes it does not work.

I was about to write a new post but found this one.

I see that the problem is from June and we have October and the bug is still not fixed, is there any chance to fix it.???

1 - battle xvm not works

2 - it works

3 - not works

4 - not works

5 - it works

python.log xvm.log

Edited by Rafal_Rambo

Short link
11 минут назад, Rafal_Rambo сказал:

is there any chance to fix it.

Of course! Use a modern OS.

Short link
21 hours ago, yepev said:

Of course! Use a modern OS.

This is not a solution, besides my laptop does not support Win10 drivers.

It looks strange, because if it was the fault of the Win7 system, it would not work at all, and sometimes it works and sometimes it does not.

I have been using XVM almost from the very beginning always on Win7 and never had such problems.

Short link

Windows 7 users who cannot upgrade to a modern OS, try following this guide. This will update a lot of things in the outdated Windows 7 and there is a chance that the problem will be solved.

15.10.2022 в 21:02, Rafal_Rambo сказал:

This is not a solution, besides my laptop does not support Win10 drivers.

There are many modern operating systems besides Windows 10. Ubuntu, for example :wink:

Edited by yepev

Short link