Korean Random
zoeballz

XVM Failing 1/2 the time in battle (on Windows 7)

Hi there

I use Aslain's but this bug appears to be an XVM issue.

When XVM is not working, the stats column does not show in battle and even my custom 6th sense icon reverts to standard one as well. I think it started after the update before the micropatch so about a week ago. I've had the game hang on the countdown screen a few times as well and had to kill the process and restart the game to get into battle. The Vehicle Markers (OTM by XVM) DOES work and shows the WN8 colours, even when the rest of In-Battle XVM seems to fail !

Guess I've had about 80-100 games in the last few days. XVM related/dependant in-battle mods stopped working. OTM colours were there but WN8 colours in team list were not, the in-battle clock did not show, the XVM spotted icon on team list did not work and reverted to the WG default and my custom 6th sense icon reverted to the default. During a session, it can work fine in 1 battle, fail in the next 2, work again for a battle and then fail again in the next. Please see screenshots below. I have not noticed any pattern to it except it seems to always fail in skirmishes and CW.

shot_918.thumb.jpg.042cd12030d9617a300ee5fab724be3c.jpg

shot_917.thumb.jpg.8e274b2a5acd6667dcf7b43c96e9a16b.jpg

XVM 9.2.0 (0010)

Windows 7

AV=AVG

Many thanks

Zoe

xvm.log python.log xvm.zip

Edited by zoeballz
  • Upvote 1

Short link
1 hour ago, zoeballz said:

When XVM is not working, the stats column does not show in battle and even my custom 6th sense icon reverts to standard one as well. I think it started after the update before the micropatch so about a week ago. I've had the game hang on the countdown screen a few times asn well and had to kill the process and restart the game to get into battle. The Vehicle Markers (OTM by XVM) DOES work and shows the WN8 colours, even when the rest of In-Battle XVM seems to fail !

Same was reported here: 

And there is a htread about that in the russian section as well.  So you are not allone with those problems.

Short link
8 hours ago, linaWOT said:

And there is a htread about that in the russian section as well.  So you are not allone with those problems.

Do you have a link please ?

Short link
3 hours ago, linaWOT said:

It doesn't appear any devs have commented. Do they actually read these reports ? Someone told me they only read this forum occasionally ?

Short link
18 minutes ago, zoeballz said:

It doesn't appear any devs have commented. Do they actually read these reports ? Someone told me they only read this forum occasionally ?

From my experiene they normally do and respond quickly. But they might be on holidays or have other duties. So all we can do is wait till they can take care of those issues.

Edited by linaWOT
  • Upvote 2

Short link

I bet you are running an outdated Windows 7 OS. Upgrade to at least Windows 10.

Windows 7 is officially dead.

Short link
2 hours ago, yepev said:

I bet you are running an outdated Windows 7 OS. Upgrade to at least Windows 10.

It's as up to date as it can be. Wouldn't touch 10 with a bargepole !!

2 hours ago, yepev said:

Windows 7 is officially dead.

Still works just fine thanks :great:

Edited by zoeballz

Short link
28 минут назад, zoeballz сказал:

Still works just fine thanks :great:

Your first post in this thread makes it clear that this is absolutely not true. I don't know how else to help you, since you're denying the obvious.

The problem occurs on Windows 7 and does not occur on modern operating systems.

Try installing all the latest Windows 7 updates and if that doesn't help, you know what to do (upgrade to Windows 10).

Short link

Same issue here with XMV. Not working all the time. It's true, I also have Windows 7, but this issue started with XVM version 9.2.0. For version 9.1.0 it worked just fine.

Short link

@Bujuradu To be precise, this problem didn't start with XVM 9.2.0, but after WG silently released a micropatch for WoT 1.17.0.0 without a version change.

Prior to this silent micropatch by WG, XVM 9.2.0 worked great even on Windows 7.

Edited by yepev

Short link
43 minutes ago, yepev said:

Prior to this silent micropatch by WG, XVM 9.2.0 worked great even on Windows 7.

Therefor it was the micropatch that screwed it. NOT Windows 7 as it worked fine previously. AND as I already said, I already have the latest available version of Win 7.

7 hours ago, yepev said:

The problem occurs on Windows 7 and does not occur on modern operating systems.

Not true. At least 2 others in my clan with Win 10 and 11 have the same problem.

Edited by zoeballz

Short link
8 минут назад, zoeballz сказал:

At least 2 others in my clan with Win 10 and 11 have the same problem.

Then ask them to file a bug report and attach their logs, because I've only seen this problem with Windows 7 users. So far, no one has reported this problem with other OSes. Each report states that the issue only occurs on Windows 7.

Short link
8 minutes ago, yepev said:

Then ask them to file a bug report and attach their logs, because I've only seen this problem with Windows 7 users. So far, no one has reported this problem with other OSes. Each report states that the issue only occurs on Windows 7.

I will do, but as I said, the mod DID work fine before. Apart from that, MANY people with older machines still use Win 7.

Another point though. If it was Win 7 that was at fault, surely it would stop working ALTOGETHER ?

Edited by zoeballz

Short link

I use Windows7 64bit as well. Still a good and stable OS. I will wait whether the devs find the problem and provide a fix. It seems  like something that should be fixable since it worked before and still does randomly

Short link
37 minutes ago, zoeballz said:

Ofc it is still there, because the issue wasn't handled so far.

You can check for the changes here: https://gitlab.com/xvm/xvm/-/commits/master

Latest commit: https://gitlab.com/xvm/xvm/-/commit/8dba0d6c8be7205f49eeb46f5173d0ad2bc12c3b

There was no change except a version number update. 

Short link

Not many votes so far but proves my point.................

image.thumb.png.2569a2d916d138e7607fc2a21802b64d.png

Edited by zoeballz

Short link
23 hours ago, yepev said:

As the people I know on WIn10/11 are not on this forum and don't want to have to join this one just for this, I am trying to get them to send the logs to me and I will post them here.

Edited by zoeballz

Short link

WELL - New version of XVM still has the same bug but not happening as regularly in the last few days.

Edited by zoeballz

Short link