Korean Random

Hello all,

I hope everyone is well.  Is there a macro that returns the key name for the damage source?  Not sure I'm explaining it properly, {{c:dmg}} returns the color value, is there a macro that instead returns the key name, similar to how {{sys-color-key}} returns the key name and {{c:system}} returns the color value?

Thanks for any help,

Zavar

Short link

Hey there.

If I understand you well the {{c:dmg-kind}} should help you.

Also res_mods\mods\shared_resources\xvm\doc\macros.txt:

│ D │ {{dmg-kind}}       │   │   │   │   │ X │   │ damage kind (attack, fire, ramming, ...)
│ D │ {{dmg-kind-key}}   │   │   │   │   │ X │   │ damage kind table key value (shot, fire, ramming, ...)
│ D │ {{c:dmg}}          │   │   │   │   │ X │   │ color depending on damage source
│ D │ {{c:dmg-kind}}     │   │   │   │   │ X │   │ color depending on damage kind

Short link

It's similar, but not what I was looking for.  My understanding is that {{c:dmg-kind}} returns the actual color assigned in colors.xc for the dynamic color by damage kind, i.e. from the dmg_kind: shot, fire, ramming, etc.  The {{dmg-kind-key}} returns that actual key name that is being applied for the damage kind instead of the color.

I'm looking for the equivalent for the {{c:dmg}} which is based on the damage source i.e. alley, enemy, etc. and returns the color (i.e. ally_enemy_hit -> red).  I want an equivalent function say {{dmg-source-key}} to return the key, not the color, so if an alley is shooting and hits an enemy it should return alley_enemy_hit.

Short link