Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Alter8

Cannot read stats in loading-in game screen

Hello, I am a very happy user of xvm which has come a long way and has improved WoT experience a lot!

I use it under ubuntu 12.04 with an Nvidia card.

I need help with this problem, this is how I see the battle loading screen and the in-game statistic form (I think this is its correct name?)

cwvi.png
jron.png

So as you see I see little colored blocks instead of the characters.

A few moths ago I read here some support saying this was due to conflicting versions of xvm and xvm-stat, since my install is linux I decided I could live with it. 

But as now it is all a unified mod, and still works perfectly under linux I'd like some input if someone has the same issue. 

To me it looks as if I need some font? I tried to install mscorefonts in wine but it didnt help.

Oh I didnt mention that now I use the game with Playonlinux, but before this I used it with wotflix and standard wine, and always had this problem.

I hope someone has been able to solve this and can help, if not, well its more like a glitch than a big error, but I'd like to be able to see all that data!!

Keep up the good work, and thanks!!

Short link

To me it looks as if I need some font?

Source: http://www.modxvm.com/en/faq/

Everything is working, but in place of text, I only see “squares”. What is the problem?

The fonts you chose in your configuration file are not installed on your system. Change the font to one installed on your system, or install the font specified in the configuration file (Many config authors will attach font files to their configurations).

Have you tried to use the default config?

P.S. Please attach your config

Short link

Oooops! Thanks for your answer,  I really hate to make a question that is on the FAQ! I promise I searched before asking...

So, yes, I use everything default config, just changed the files to see stats and chances to win.

I will now take a look and see if I find what is the default font for that screen or if I can change it to one I have installed.

Thanks a lot! And sorry again for the noob post.

Great! So after a bit of looking around, I changed the fixed entries of "Lucida Console" to $FontField, and now I can see all those stats.

Thanks a lot!!

Short link