Korean Random
linaWOT

[BUG] Floating Damage Values problem since WoT 1.14 / XVM 8.8.2 0011

Hi,

I'm sure you all know the floating damage values that shows you damage done to tanks on the battle field.

hp_noti1fjad.jpg

I have noticed today that I see those numbers flying upwhen I go into render range of a vehicle for the first time that died earlier out of my render range. This did not happen before.

I tried to disabled the damageText in the  "markersDeadNormal.xc" which does actually work (so you dont see the numbers flying up for tanks that died out of your render range), but also disables it for all tanks that actually die by the last shot/in my render range. Thats actually not what I wanted to achive.

Testscenario:

Wot 1.14

XVM 8.8.2 0011 (no other mod installed)

XVM default config

Edited by linaWOT
Changed Title since it is reproducable by more users
  • Upvote 1

Short link

Thanks for letting us know. 

It seems to be a bug, but I wait for confirmation from an Admin. Normally they are really quick one substantial bug reports.

Short link

Another addition:

Have noticed today that the numbers appear even multiple times when when I watch into the direction again. Would be nice if this can be fixed in one of the next releases. Its kind of annoying.

Short link

it seems the floating death markers keep showing up when they are getting into draw range

tank gets killed, do not see the floating marker, since it is not in my draw range
once it gets into draw range you will see the floating markers, even if the tank is gone for minutes
even happens when you are dead and start to observe team mates

field modifications
 on my second set of equipment i have improved hardening instead of binocs (for city fights) in 1 game i was very very late to switch, i then received 70 damage on my damage log, while i was not hit or lost any hp, think that is the bonus of the t34-85M with improved hardening

that is what i have encountered so far

• Upvote 1

Short link
1 hour ago, Theo said:

field modifications
 on my second set of equipment i have improved hardening instead of binocs (for city fights) in 1 game i was very very late to switch, i then received 70 damage on my damage log, while i was not hit or lost any hp, think that is the bonus of the t34-85M with improved hardening

that is what i have encountered so far

It might be a good idea to create an own topic for that so we dont mix up different issues/bugs.

Btw. I'm expecting issues with the HP totals  (Vehicle HP/Total HP) due to the option to switch the configuration loadout before the battle starts as well. But haven't time to check that out yet.

Short link