Korean Random
Steiner924

Downloaded, installed & registered- NOW WHAT do I have to do to actually activate XVM with anyone's suggested mod-pack?

Clearly, the instructions at XVM Installation and Settings | XVM Official Website (modxvm.com) to download, install & register are oversimplified.  You have to do more than that to get this thing to work. 

Specifically, it says you can use pre-configure examples but the link to "XVM Configurations" is all in Russian.  How about that in English??   

Thanks in advance.  -Steiner924

RE:

"To install, simply unpack the downloaded mod archive into the folder that contains the World of Tanks game files. The modification is now installed and ready for use.

For individual configuration of the mod, you can use the following ways:

1. You can rename boot config file:
    /res_mods/configs/xvm/xvm.xc.sample to xvm.xc
    Instructions for setting it up are inside.
    All possible config options you can find in /res_mods/configs/xvm/Default/
  2. You can use pre-configured examples from active mod users. These are published and updated in a special forum section: “XVM Configurations”.

Your XVM configuration is now complete. You can run the game and play."

Short link
27 минут назад, Steiner924 сказал:

Clearly, the instructions at XVM Installation and Settings | XVM Official Website (modxvm.com) to download, install & register are oversimplified.  You have to do more than that to get this thing to work. 

No. You do not have to do anything more than that. It's enough to download, install and activate.

What is the problem exactly?

27 минут назад, Steiner924 сказал:

Specifically, it says you can use pre-configure examples but the link to "XVM Configurations" is all in Russian.  How about that in English??   

Well, people post their configs in whatever language they speak. Use google translate if you want to read descriptions of their configs.

Цитата

with anyone's suggested mod-pack?

XVM does not suggest any mod-pack. If you have problems with the third party mod-pack, shouldn't you ask the packer about the problems with it?

PS. Have you read this topic? It's useful: [Please read before posting] How to describe your problem correctly and get help faster

Also, maybe you are installing an outdated XVM on a new WoT? Check versions.

Edited by yepev
  • Upvote 1

Short link

Hello.  Thanks for tips but nothing is happening.  I installed the EXE version which does everything for you, and the game & XVM are both 1.13.0

The only weird thing is that even though modXVM.com shows my player name as ACTIVATED (with 13d left), my Statistics never succeed in updating, ever.   If I click on 'my statistics', I get a 404 error, since the update never completes.  Could this be relevant?

Steiner924

Short link
56 минут назад, Steiner924 сказал:

If I click on 'my statistics', I get a 404 error

You need to play at least 100 battles in order to start collecting statistics on you.

At the moment, 75 battles have been played on your account.

1 час назад, Steiner924 сказал:

and the game & XVM are both 1.13.0

The version of the game is now WoT 1.13.0.1

There is no stable (release) XVM version for it on the download page. There are only "nightly builds", they are laid out on the same download page, just below.

Short link
17 часов назад, Steiner924 сказал:

and the game & XVM are both 1.13.0

I do not know which version of the game in your region, but in ours it is 1.13.0.1. Most likely in yours too. So check version or try install a test build of XVM.

Short link
On 7/27/2021 at 3:56 AM, yepev said:

I do not know which version of the game in your region, but in ours it is 1.13.0.1. Most likely in yours too. So check version or try install a test build of XVM.

Hello.  The test build worked.  Thanks.   Next question... it seems like there's many, many different settings..

1)  Is there a preconfigured pack that sets them all at once to whatever the designer thought best?  

2)  Specifically, how do I display player name & actual stats next to their tanks AND on the minimap?  

Steiner924

Short link