Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Schottentrinker

Snowflakes or rain in WoT | Снежинки или дождь в WoT

Hello everyone.

I would like to add some snowfall or rain to specific maps of the game like Mannerheim Line or Glacier, like in the video below.

Which tools do I need to make something like this? Is there somehting like a mapeditor, where I can change all of these parameters?

Greetings

Schottentrinker

Я хотел бы добавить немного снега или дождя на определенные карты игры, как Mannerheim Line или Glacier, как в видео ниже.

Какие инструменты мне нужны, чтобы сделать что-то подобное? Есть ли что-то вроде картографического редактора, где я могу изменить все эти параметры?

Short link
On 10/26/2020 at 2:50 PM, Schottentrinker said:

Thank you. I think that's exactly what I was looking for. Let's see, what I can do with it. :teacher:

not that much actually. as of current, you "can't really" just edit a map to have snow etc on it and then replace the current map files and expect it to work.

not only would you have to decompile the space.bin, but also somehow manage to copy over every last file and texture used by the map and then somehow modify all of the different spawn versions of that same map, but then save the map using the stripped down version of UE which just flat out will not work and it will crash. trust me, i've dumped so many hours and days into UE attempting this, to little avail.

save yourself the effort, friend.

• Upvote 1

Short link

Hmm... sounds not good. It's very regrettable, that Wargaming doesn't support modders like us. But thanks for your answer! I think it will save me much lifetime, which I can use now otherwise.

My condolences, for your sacraficed time, my friend. :girl_love:

Short link