Korean Random
CheekyBreachy

Headlight Mod (мод фары)

Would it be possible to make a mod where the headlights of tanks turn on and off? I was thinking of starting at tier 10 and working down. Different tanks could have different brightness, (M60 spotlight = high, IS-7 headlights = medium/low). If it is possible how would I begin?

Short link

That would require going through every single model of every single vehicle and either editing it to include all lights' coordinates or writing them down into some sort of config. I even could add support for both of those into my LampLights mod.

Short link
21 минуту назад, CheekyBreachy сказал:

@Polyacov_Yury but it would theoretically be possible right? What software would I need to start designing it? And I'm guessing it's based on python?

If you would want to automate it - you'd need some language, possibly Python.

In any case - you'd need some sort of model editing software to get coordinates for lights' placement. Then you either dump your findings into a JSON config or add nodes to the models themselves (by editing .visual(_processed) files).

Short link
3 hours ago, Polyacov_Yury said:

If you would want to automate it - you'd need some language, possibly Python.

In any case - you'd need some sort of model editing software to get coordinates for lights' placement. Then you either dump your findings into a JSON config or add nodes to the models themselves (by editing .visual(_processed) files).

Do you have any model editing software reccomendations? What do I do after I get the coordinates and dump them? Thanks for the help!

Short link

There are multiple tutorials regarding editing WoT models on this forum, afaik they ether need Maya or 3DsMax.

When you make a coordinates list - you can send the data over to me and I'd add special support for it to the LampLights mod. Full credit will be provided, of course.

Bonus points if you give me additional data on the parameters of the lights themselves (examples can be found in existing configs for LampLights).

Short link
13 hours ago, Polyacov_Yury said:

There are multiple tutorials regarding editing WoT models on this forum, afaik they ether need Maya or 3DsMax.

When you make a coordinates list - you can send the data over to me and I'd add special support for it to the LampLights mod. Full credit will be provided, of course.

Bonus points if you give me additional data on the parameters of the lights themselves (examples can be found in existing configs for LampLights).

Sorry, I'm an absolute beginner at this. You mean the coordinates of the headlights right? So do I send the coords of the middle of the lamp? If you could send an example of you doing it with a random tank that would be great :)

Short link
14 часов назад, CheekyBreachy сказал:

You mean the coordinates of the headlights right? So do I send the coords of the middle of the lamp?

Yes. Lamps, to be exact.

Short link