Korean Random
Bartman

colour setting for unknown stats?

I'm using a custom colour scheme for WN8, and the standard grey for players without stats does not stand out much right now. Which colour value do I need to adjust to change this?

Short link
1 hour ago, konrad509 said:

Config and where you want to change that.

What?

I'll spell it out... I assume there's a value in colors.xc that defines the colour for players in battleLoading, battleLabels etc that currently makes them look grey, I'd like to change that.

Short link

On 12/10/2019 at 7:25 PM, night_dragon_on said:

@Slavarus  , in the archive only modified files.

Added a new parameter to the "colors.xc" file:

Then change to the desired color.

That looks pretty useful... however adding

"colors": {
		"anonymousColor": "0x1240AB",

to colors.xc does not appear to do anything (regardless of using # or 0x in front of the colour code)... I'm guessing I'm missing something in playersPanel.xc and battleLoading.xc, but google translate seems to break their sentences a bit so I'm not quite sure. My playersPanel for example contains this line:

"nickFormatLeft": "<font alpha='{{alive?#FF|#80}}'><font color='{{c:wn8}}'>{{name}}</font><font alpha='#A0'>{{clan}}</font></font>",

I've defined a separate wn8 color scale in colors.xc, but I assume anonymousColor is a global colour variable and therefore the custom scale is not relevant, is this correct?

Short link
15 hours ago, Bartman said:

I've defined a separate wn8 color scale in colors.xc, but I assume anonymousColor is a global colour variable and therefore the custom scale is not relevant, is this correct?

It's not really a variable, but yeah, the color scale is irrelevant here. The idea here is using a special macro {{.}} that lets you use a value defined somewhere else in the config. You can pretty much call it however you want and place it wherever you want. Then if you want to use that value, you just need to give a path to it, as in the above night_dragon_on's example.

Short link

Thanks, finally got it to work! For some reason the colour specified has to be starting with # rather than the 0x used everywhere else in colors.xc. Is this a bug perhaps?

Short link

Not a bug. You want to use that color in a place that uses #RRGGBB format, so it needs to be defined in that format. It's completely unrelated to the fact that all colors defined in colors.xc are in 0xRRGGBB format.

• Upvote 1

Short link

I assume you're not part of the dev team, you're just rearranging the elements of my question there... The anonymousColor value discussed is in colors.xc. Why would two different formats be used throughout XVM the first place?

• Downvote 1

Short link

I'm not a part of the dev team and I'm not "rearranging elements" of your question. I explained to you (more or less) why a different format is used and that it's not related to how colors are defined in colors.xc in general, because as I also explained to you earlier, you can define that value pretty much anywhere in the config.

Why are there different formats used throughout the XVM config is a different question and that I can't answer, because I'm not sure myself. Generally, wherever HTML code appears, the #RRGGBB format is used. Elsewhere the other one is used. I believe it was discussed somewhere on the forum before.

Edited by konrad509
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Short link