Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
kzkhak

Cannot disable XMQP service on XVM web-site

Hi all,

There have been issues where one of my clan member cannot disable features such as XMQP on the XVM website.
Of course, I know this is what you should ask on the XVM forums, but do you have any information on such cases on this forum?

We've tried browsers including some secret modes and disabling tokens, but the XMQP options are still grayed out and enabled. (See attached screenshot. can't toggle grayed out options.)

thanks,

76.png

Short link

Pay attention to this message.

If our server detects that the player has hidden his nickname, he loses access to the statistics of other players in the battle for the next 12 hours.

XMQP service and statistics display in battle are not available for players who activated anonymity mode.

In your personal account you will see these items in gray, and in the client itself in the notification center the corresponding entry.

Short link

@kzkhak thanks for the report, we'll take a look. There seems to be a slight flaw in recent changes. There must be also a notice for anonymous players right after the grayed out checkboxes.

Short link

Thank you for your replies,

If the player disabled "Anonymizer" setting after 12hours, can s/he access (enable/disable) them?

Short link

@night_dragon_on

Thanks! I will check and confirm it.

@Mr 13

This is a known issue on ASIA region especially among Japanese players.

If the player enable XMQP, it is very likely that clients will crash when returning to the garage after the end of a battle.

So it is recommended among Japanese players to disable it.

Oddly, there seems to be no example of this being reported to the XVM development team AFAIK.

I was worried, but I will report here for the first time.

Since this has not been a problem among XVM development teams and players in other regions, I speculate that this is a phenomenon specific to Japanese localized clients.

Short link

@kzkhak thanks for the info. It has not been reported before, and this problem should definitely be fixed.

It would be great if you or someone else will send us logs (xvm.log and python.log) after reproducing of this problem.

Short link

@Mr 13

I understand that users who have installed XVM have the ability to automatically send a dump when the client crashes. Is that correct? If so, it is likely that a reasonable number of such dumps have been sent to the XVM development team.

Of course, I cooperate with collecting logs when I reproduce them myself.

@Mr 13

FYI: This issue is mainly spread by word of mouth, but one player has been talking about it on the blog. (written in Japanese.)
https://wot.hatenablog.jp/entry/trouble_1

Short link
1 минуту назад, kzkhak сказал:

to automatically send a dump when the client crashes. Is that correct?

At the moment, not yet, this module (xfw_crashreport) is disabled in the latest release version (8.2.3) and nightly builds of the mod.

Short link

I have left WoT and will no longer help with XMQP issue.
I encourage you to seek feedback from other ASIA region users, especially Japanese players.

• Upvote 1

Short link