Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
Psian

Frame rate drop when using AUTO or x2 UI Scaling and 4K resolution AND getting hit by HE

Here is a really weird bug. After much trial and error, I have finally found the cause of my FPS drops in game (59 fps to 20 fps). It will always happen when:

1) Vanilla XVM is installed

2) Running at 4k Resolution 59 Hz refresh (wont allow me to select 60Hz for some reason even though my monitor supports it)

3) UI Scaling set to AUTO or 2X

4) Get hit by a High Explosive shell

My FPS will drop from 59 FPS (vsync on) to about 20 FPS for about 5 seconds.

If I do any of the following:

1) Remove XVM

or

2) set resolution to 1080p

or

3) set UI to 1x (way too small to play)

the problem will go away.

My Hardware:

RTX 2080 8GB

Intel i7 6th gen

16GB RAM

There is of course no CPU or GPU throttling at the time and usage usually stays below 50% for both.

There is another thread here: https://koreanrandom.com/forum/topic/39917-xvm-causing-massive-frame-drops-during-battle-120-to-sub-20-fps/ that blames the problem on the XVM damage log. However I have found that disabling it just makes the issue less noticeable. There is still a 5-10 fps drop.

I hope someone could please take a look at this :)

Edited by Psian

Short link

So, first question -- have you tried allowing the WOT graphics engine to auto set all of your settings?  I ask because vsync is not typically used or needed when running high end cards like the 2080.

Also, I assume you have the Nvidia settings software installed.  Did you manually change that or are the settings set to follow the demands of the application software?

Short link
9 hours ago, kupjones said:

have you tried allowing the WOT graphics engine to auto set all of your settings

How do you do this? I actually did a clean install of windows 10, nvidia drivers, WoT and XVM at one stage. Still same issue.

Currently Nvidia drivers and settings are still set at defaults.

Also VSYNC being on or off does not affect anything. There is still noticeable shearing when using the 2080 so I leave it on.

Edited by Psian

Short link

Ciao, ho lo stesso problema, uso basso della gpu e fps dopo alcuni secondi di battaglia / spotting.

Rimossi questi 3 file (vedi la lista sotto) e tutti funzionano alla grande! 

com.modxvm.xfw.actionscript_7.7.10.1105.wotmod
com.modxvm.xfw_7.7.10.1105.wotmod

com.modxvm.xfw.native_1.4.1.00076.wotmod 

WOT Vanilla run @ 110fps in 4K! con le mod posso raggiungere circa 90-100 fps senza questi 3 file!

i7 8700K @ 5 GHz

1080Ti @ 2050Mhz

16 GB di RAM

SSD

niente bottlenet, nessuna limitazione termica, tutto sotto refrigerante liquido!

Short link

i have the same issue on my pc at the moment, i confirm that not having xvm mod is fine, any time i try to install xvm i get this issue that makes the game not playable. it's like the arty shells stun my pc as well :P

Short link