Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
randorian

webpage Language

It's known problem which will be fixed in future version of website.

Thank you.

Short link

seems the xvm main webpage is updated and still its defaults to Russian, cant be so hard to fix it? or is there some reason to not fix it? very annoying that one has to change the language every time when come to this page,.

Edited by Andyss

Short link

How about your Player stats page, does it come up in English or in Russian? My appears to be in English, except the Marks of Gun box. It is in Russian, but when I mouse over it, the pop-up box is in English.

Everywhere else in the forum, I still have to translate it, 

Edited by cherek_us

Short link

if I choose english the stat page is english except that  moe. In forum settings you can change texts to english but of course only english section is filled with english messages..

Short link

@randorian resetting to Russian when you're updating/activating from English pages is fixed when new personal area was released. Thank you.

@Andyss you could just change your bookmark from modxvm.com to modxvm.com/en/ so you're always will start from English and stay in it. I'll make automatic detection of language in future but there is no ETA as there is a lot of more important tasks which are taking my time.

@cherek_us English language on stats page will be proofread after all technical improvements we're planned will be done.

On the forums all content is displayed unchanged, in language it was written, obviously. So yes, if you want to read posts in Russian then you need to use something like Google Translator.

• Upvote 1

Short link

I've created a the link as you suggested, modxvm.com/en/ and that seems to resolve the translation issue on the XVM page, thanks. 

I'll continue to use Chrome in the forums. Only issue there is that I have to select "Translate page" anytime I go to a different page or topic. Is anyone else using Chrome to translate having the same issue?

Short link
2 минуты назад, cherek_us сказал:

I'll continue to use Chrome in the forums. Only issue there is that I have to select "Translate page" anytime I go to a different page or topic. Is anyone else using Chrome to translate having the same issue?

Chrome behaves this way because it thinks what page is initially in English, because forums interface language is set to English on your account, but you can use this trick:

1. Set your interface language to Russian here (in the footer of the forum):
    image.png
  2. Translate page via Chrome back to English and then set checkmark "Always translate russian":
    image.png

In this case some interface phrases might be translated a little strange, but chrome will translate all pages on forums automatically without any additional actions.

Short link

Both of those settings have been set that since I switched from Firefox to Chrome. What is so frustrating, sometimes Chrome will translates automatically, but most of the time, it doesn't. What is strange, my player stat page https://stats.modxvm.com/en/stat/players keeps asking me if I want the page translated. For some reason, the Chrome translator keeps thinking English is Danish.Player.thumb.PNG.71bcf3c63f4a296040cd5626363b9662.PNG

You got to love Chrome. :veryhappy:

Edited by cherek_us

Short link