Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
sl33pyalligat0r

Is XVM still working?

I took quite a long break from WoT. I come back and redownload everything, including XVM. I am not able to choose options for the mods, though. It is just either downloaded or not. The only benefit it gives me is allowing me to return my crew to the last tank they were in, which I love and wish the game would implement. The downside is I can't see what tier enemy tanks are with it on, so I have not been using it. The thing is, others seem to talk about xvm as though they still have options they can choose, such as the color scheme or I don't even know what all. So here I am. Something seems off and I couldn't fix it, so I came to ask the experts. Thank you.

Short link

I'm not sure what you mean. There never were any options to choose during installation of XVM if that's what you mean. If you want to change something, you edit the config.

Edited by konrad509
  • Upvote 1

Short link
3 hours ago, konrad509 said:

I'm not sure what you mean.

What I mean is when I download XVM, I don't have any options to select from, which mods I want applied.

Edit the config... that's what I'm telling you. I have no configuration to edit.

Of course I'm not talking about choosing mods during downloading... not sure how you got that. I'm talking about choosing mods when the choosing mods time comes. I don't have any options to add any mods. There's no list. No selection. No options. It basically just stays on and allows me to move my crew and then return crew option in game, and it makes me unable to see enemy tanks tiers on the battlefield, also in game. Not during installation.

And what I'm wondering is how to fix that if that isn't what it's supposed to be doing. I used xvm for years. I know what I should be seeing, and I'm not seeing it.

The ModXVM page opens. It says XVM is functional. I cannot see the program to choose which mods I want applied. I can only see the xvm page.

Short link
10 minutes ago, sl33pyalligat0r said:

I'm talking about choosing mods when the choosing mods time comes.

That time never used to come in XVM and neither does it now.

12 minutes ago, sl33pyalligat0r said:

Edit the config... that's what I'm telling you. I have no configuration to edit. 

res_mods\configs\xvm (\default by default :))

• Upvote 1

Short link

I run the .exe file. It goes through installation. Then it opens the webpage. I never see the program itself after it's installed.

9 minutes ago, konrad509 said:

That time never used to come in XVM and neither does it now.

res_mods\configs\xvm (\default by default :))

You're telling me I never had a list of which mods I wanted applied to my game, such as the secondary arty angle before it was a feature of the game and other such legal mods, and it's ridiculous. It absolutely used to be that way.

Short link
6 minutes ago, sl33pyalligat0r said:

You're telling me I never had a list of which mods I wanted applied to my game...

Yes, that's exactly what I'm telling you.

What you're talking about is probably some modpack with installer, that features XVM, but definitely not XVM itself.

Edited by konrad509

Short link

Odem Mortis! I just remembered. I told you it had been a long time.

What is the point of XVM then? What does it do without a modpack? It allows me to return crews to another tank, and it takes away the tiers on the battleground (side-effect or glitch?). What else? I'm confused. I apologize.

Short link
1 hour ago, sl33pyalligat0r said:

What is the point of XVM then? What does it do without a modpack?

Do you even know what a modpack is?

Odem Mortis modpack (OMC), as well as other modpacks, is not a mod itself, but a bundle of different mods. And one of these mods is XVM. Many features that the OMC offers are actually XVM features. I don't know what other mods the OMC consists of, but without XVM, I believe it would be half as useful, or even less. So, XVM does a lot.

Btw, it looks like the OMC is no longer developed. Its successor is this modpack http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/535868-1101-the-relhax-modpack-omc-20-fastest-mods-installer-with-previews/

• Upvote 1

Short link