Korean Random
DVSdrummer55

Numbers Show up as boxes

Downloaded the new update for xvm today. Everything looks good in the garage, but once I get to battle then the numbers are displayed as boxes. Do I have to tweak something in my settings? I'm running it on Windows 10. Today's update came with a Windows C++ update and I installed it. I ended up uninstalling everything and reinstalling without the C++ and it is still doing it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

shot_006.jpg

shot_005.jpg

Short link

Да, вспомнил, там какая-то странная зависимость загрузки шрифтов от брандмауэра.

Try to enable Windows Firewall if it is not enabled.

Edited by sirmax

Short link

По проблеме установки шрифтов если кому интересно:

https://answers.microsoft.com/ru-ru/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/проблема/7aedf1ab-baf0-4e46-b0e4-2d5a82245438

Как ни странно, на установку шрифтов влияет отключение служб "Центр обеспечения безопасности" и "Брандмауер Windows". 
Включение этих служб помогло устранить проблему, шрифты стали устанавливаться.
Включите брандмауэр Windows на уровне службы, без него установка шрифтов не возможна.

Short link
3 hours ago, DVSdrummer55 said:

I am noob. where would i find this on my system?

No worries. You can go directly into (assuming your system is on C:) C:\Windows\Fonts.

Though as was mentioned, it doesn't look like an issue with the XVMSymbol font. I also agree that either it's a security setting (firewall) "blocking" the built-in fonts inside XVM or your config is calling for a font that you do not have. The latter I doubt as your pics look like a default config or close to it.

Norton antivirus/firewall will block fonts used outside of C:\Windows\Fonts as just one example. McAfee and Win10 etc as well. If you are using any security software, try to look up on Google as to how to add WoT to your exceptions list. You can test it out first by disabling the security software and then run a replay or the game and see how it looks.

Cheers!

• Upvote 1

Short link