Korean Random
DroopyDog

Adding Tank Class Icon to Players Panel

Hi guys,

I have my config close to how I want it, but I want to see the tank class icon (HT, MT etc) in the players panel.

The individual vehicle icons from the tank atlas look nice, but I can't easily tell at a glance what tank class they are.

Attached is my playerspanel.xc file. I've added a definition for "vtypeIcon" (with code from a thread on this forum), and called the definition for the short and large panel configs in extrafieldsleft and extrafieldsright, but the icons do not appear.  I suspect the definition is not working, but I don't know how to fix it.

Can someone please advise what edits I need to make to the file?

Thanks, tank bro's!  

playersPanel.xc

Short link

They work fine. I guess it's the common problem with font conflict. Delete any xvm fonts from your system.

• Upvote 1

Short link

Heh you found my previous post.

I'm currently using this (haven't touched this definition in a while so I can't say if the earlier version still works for me): 

"format": "<font face='xvm' size='20' color='{{c:vtype}}'>{{vtype-key=LT?&#58;}}{{vtype-key=MT?&#59;}}{{vtype-key=HT?&#63;}}{{vtype-key=SPG?&#45;}}{{vtype-key=TD?&#46;}}</font>"

Edited by scyorkie

Short link

Hey, deleting the XVM font in control panel worked! The icons now appear. Thanks Konrad.

And thanks for the code Scyorkie, does indeed work fine :-)

I notice the colors are different for each class...

If I want to make them the same, can I just change {c:vtype} to a hex colour value?

Short link

I can't seem to get the syntax right to change the icon colour -- just trying to see patterns in other bits of code, because I don't know the language... 

I have tried: 

"format": "<font face='xvm' size='20' color="0xFFCC66">{{vtype-key=LT?:}}{{vtype-key=MT?;}}{{vtype-key=HT??}}{{vtype-key=SPG?-}}{{vtype-key=TD?.}}</font>",
       "alpha": 90, "shadow": {}

"format": "<font face='xvm' size='20' color='0xFFCC66'>{{vtype-key=LT?:}}{{vtype-key=MT?;}}{{vtype-key=HT??}}{{vtype-key=SPG?-}}{{vtype-key=TD?.}}</font>",

"format": "<font face='xvm' size='20' color='{0xFFCC66}'>{{vtype-key=LT?:}}{{vtype-key=MT?;}}{{vtype-key=HT??}}{{vtype-key=SPG?-}}{{vtype-key=TD?.}}</font>",

"format": "<font face='xvm' size='20' color='{{vtype-key=LT?#E5E7E9}}{{vtype-key=MT?#E5E7E9}}{{vtype-key=HT?#E5E7E9}}{{vtype-key=SPG?#E5E7E9}}{{vtype-key=TD?#E5E7E9}}'</font>"

None of those made any difference....!

Edited by DroopyDog
Typo..

Short link