Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
NinjaVandal

Contact list commenting not working anymore

Hi,

all of the sudden the XVM function to add comments on my friend list is not working. I use the comments only my clan mates to keep track of things. But As soon as I edit it a comment a error message comes up (10053) and disables the function.

any ideas?

thanks 

Short link

I’ll post the as soon as possible. I’ve tried using another computer and same issue there. You can add a single word and then error “10053 An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine”

Sorry i couldn’t attach a zip file of the log but here are parts of the log.

2018-03-03 09:30:42: [ERROR] loadUrl failed: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine  File "res_mods/mods/xfw_packages\xvm_main\python\loadurl.py", line 79, in _loadUrl

2018-03-03 09:30:42: [ERROR] Traceback (most recent call last):

File "res_mods/mods/xfw_packages\xvm_contacts\python\contacts.py", line 120, in setXvmContactData

self._doRequest('addComments', json_data)

File "res_mods/mods/xfw_packages\xvm_contacts\python\contacts.py", line 148, in _doRequest

raise Exception(errStr)

Exception: [Errno 10053] An established connection was aborted by the software in your host machine

Short link

How many players comments do you have?

In most of the cases this exception indicates something on your machine is blocking your connection. Try running it with firewall/antivirus disabled. This is not permanent, just for testing if this is setup issue or code issue. If it passes without the firewall/antivirus then you have to find a way to allow it through them - add it to the firewall exceptons, etc.

Short link

Thanks for the reply. Same thing with firewall off. I have quite a few comment yes. Can there be too many?

But if I delete some comments and the texts it seem to work again. So I might be that I have to much comments and texts. Is there a limit?

Short link

AFAIR comments are limited by total size, about 10000 chars. May be you have some very long comments and can reduce their?

And I need full log, you can attach it in the extended editor.

Short link

I have begun to reduce the number of chars and it appears work if I do it that way. We keep scores and other clan info in comments so it’s very useful! 

Short link