Korean Random
Gorkde

Alpha value / color for offline players

The vehicle name is greyed a bit if a player is offline or still loading.

But it should be a bit more visible for me.

So how do I change the alpha value (or give it a specific color like black) if someone of offline?

Short link

Thanks very much!

It works while Battle loads but it seems once a player was in game and is loosing connection in game then it doesn't show it.

My goal was to see if players are online if they don't move in battle at some time. 

Do I have to set something other so it updates maybe? Or is this not possible? The UI normally greys it out once a player isn't online anymore right?

Edited by Gorkde

Short link

Another Problem:

I tried to make the minimap color black when  ready? == false  (which works) and remove the shadow of the vehicle name in that case (to make it better readable).

But:

1) If I add the macro in the global definitions (see attachment)  it works in the beginning but as soon as the player comes online only the color changes but the shadow is still missing.

or

2) If I add it to te local definitions all shadows of all players are removed from the beginning.

Seems like a bug to me.

minimapLabelsTemplates.xc

Before going online.jpg

After going online.jpg

20180207_2324_china-Ch14_T34_3_28_desert.wotreplay

Edited by Gorkde

Short link

I don't have time to test it, but maybe try using this condition for alpha parameter instead of for enabled, like

"alpha": "{{ready?80|0}}"

Edited by konrad509

Short link

Thanks, good idea! I by now did let the shadow on and choose a light grey instead black for the font.

But someone from the XVM Team should be looking into this I'm pretty sure thats a bug in XVM. 

Can you pls, also give me some info on my other question?

In the beginning of the game I see players that have not joined. But if someone disconnects in game (crash or similar) it seems not to show him offline. We tested that in a test game with my buddy purposedly pulling out his WIFI Stick so he lost connection. Even after a very long period of time (3-5 Minutes) he was still shown as online in game.

Short link