Korean Random
NeatoMan

trying to get player stats from each battle

I am working on a win chance calculator, based on the previous model used by XVM.  Since I don't have any python experience, is there anyone that could help with this project? 

I would like to get a log file of player stats from each battle/replay.  I would need Tank, # of battles per tank and account, WN8, xte, and avg tier, but if that's not possible, at a minimum I could work off of player ID, and tank, and get the other info I needed manually off the API.

Short link

There's already been one made a while ago. Read the comments. There's a lot you can do to customize the display. You can find it here:

Short link

That's a very simplistic method that is in no way related to the previous win chance calculations.

Edited by NeatoMan

Short link
9 hours ago, NeatoMan said:

That's a very simplistic method that is in no way related to the previous win chance calculations.

How so? Just Curious.

Glancing at the old code, tallying up the sums for A and B and then the ratios sure does look like that's what it did. AFAIK, that's the basis for all probability formulas. Just like the script in the link I offered. How you get your total sums is up to you as you had already stated in your initial post (wn8, xte etc). As far as not knowing python, Tey's script is a decent primer to look at. It also works, which is a bonus. Tailor it to your needs. 

Getting access to everyone's logs/replays may prove to be a challenge. Collection of the raw stats via WG API has already been taken care of in XVM. Why not simply leverage that as Tey did in the script? Why reinvent the wheel? Surely I must not be understanding the question or your needs for your project. Someone might be better at pointing you in the right direction. Cheers.

Oh and you're welcome. :wink:

Short link

Thanks. :wink:

I'll see what I can do with that script. 

The old win chance used a combination of xTE and WN8, as well as average tier played vs current tier, plus tier of tank vs battle tier.   Right now I'm just looking for a way to gather that data from XVM to test different formulas.  I'm doing it manually which is very tedious.  

Edited by NeatoMan

Short link

Oh ok. Well you can use the team wn8 script as a start, gather the wn8 and xte stats using the same method that it already does, and manipulate the data with your own formula instead of the one he's using. In the end, you still end up with two sums. One for enemy and one for ally. After that, the ratios. Gathering raw stats that are used to actually calculate wn8 or xte will be another challenge. Which might be why you were asking about logs and replays. And right there is the problem. There's a reason why win chance was broken. =) And a reason why the script I shared is a bit simpler. Which was why I pointed that script out in the first place. It's pretty much the most efficient way of doing it right now. And here we are. =)

Wishing you luck though!

Short link

Thanks again.  I can already do this all manually.  I was hoping someone remembered when XVM used to create a log file in the WoT folder that contained this info, and knew if the feature was still available.

Short link