Korean Random
timbo2410

What the cause is for game crashes?

@timbo2410 Seems like a browser issue. Cookies/Session actually. You could start there by looking into your browsers settings. But this wouldn't have anything to with the game client itself or how XVM works. Just your browser. An unrelated issue unless the settings in your personal cabinet on modxvm.com aren't staying at what you set them to.

That isn't happening is it? I seem to recall a post about this from someone asking the same question.

4 minutes ago, sirmax said:

We are testing fix now and hope that it will work.

You can install com.modxvm.xvm.crashfix_1.0.0.wotmod and check that the crashes are still occurring.

If I could buy you a beer, I would! Thanks for all the effort.

• Upvote 1

Short link

I don't actually know if I am being logged in to xvm account and staying there. I can run the game all day without issue .. then the next day I can have xvm just stop working or game crashes. I'm using google as my browser but I have used firefox previously with the same issues. I even thought it might have been anti virus (Kaspersky) that was causing it as I can only log in by "disregarding" kaspersky warnings ... same as updating .. I have to log in as Admin and then disregard kaspersky warnings. 

Short link
21 hours ago, timbo2410 said:

I don't actually know if I am being logged in to xvm account and staying there. I can run the game all day without issue .. then the next day I can have xvm just stop working or game crashes. I'm using google as my browser but I have used firefox previously with the same issues. I even thought it might have been anti virus (Kaspersky) that was causing it as I can only log in by "disregarding" kaspersky warnings ... same as updating .. I have to log in as Admin and then disregard kaspersky warnings. 

I know we're off the original topic but since you are the author... =) 

It certainly sounds like the cookies for the site aren't being allowed to be saved. Could be security software, could be the browser. Can't help you with Kaspersky, as I do not use it but I can possibly help with Google Chrome.

Go to Settings => Scroll down to bottom and click Advanced. => Under Privacy and Security, click Content => Click Cookies

Allow sites to save and read cookie data (recommended) - ON

Keep local data only until you quit your browser - OFF

And make sure you haven't blocked cookies from modxvm.com as well. ;) 

If everything checks out, then try disabling Kaspersky for a moment and head to the site and see if it works fine. If not? Send Kaspersky an email ticket asking them what to do. =) 

Cheers!

Edited by SmashPuppet

Short link

checked and all the settings are already as you have suggested. I have "added" modxvm.com to the list of "allow" as well, although it is not in the list of blocked or clear on exit ..next step is Kaspersky .. 

looking at the Kaspersky settings, xvm and Aslains xvm are "allowed" .. however, every update has restrictions, especially when it comes to registry and network. I cannot find any way to keep a global setting to allow xvm to function though .. I might get on to Kaspersky and see ..

Short link

no I don't use a proxy server .. I have contacted Kaspersky and made exceptions for WOT .. I have to manually make an exception for every update !!!

just did it again .. crashed as soon as I got killed. 

right I've changed to google incognito .. I seem to have done everything to make sure I am not stopped/blocked by it or Kaspersky .. I log in and I can refresh the page 1 minute later and it says I need to log in again ..????? WTF ... WHY????? I must be making a mistake somewhere ... I have just done a clean install of WOT .. updates for XVM and Aslains ... nope .. still crashing ... 

In the past hour it has cost me over 1200 !!!

I manage to log back into the game either to find I have been destroyed or we have lost the game due to me being a "BOT" ... I need help from the top please as this is just too much

Short link

Right .. another weird thing .. the game crashed and when I restarted, I had part of an old "chat" that I had yesterday come up ?? So it seems to be using old data ... I even had a different tank come up in garage from the one I had been using .. 

4 crashes in one game then ... I am getting a windows "this program has stopped responding, sending error report to Microsoft"

Short link

Two instances running at the same time with the same account? - (tweaks.xc) I don't know. Grasping at straws now. Your issue is hugely strange. Perhaps another might have a better idea. Wish you the best of luck!

Short link