Korean Random

Give us button to turn off our stats in game if we want .... i am sick of xvm focusing in game evry battle i get raped by artyes players going yolo at me bs i have better stats then other players..

Short link

So they learn to target those with stats deliberately hidden. No difference?

Edited by scyorkie
  • Upvote 4

Short link

You don't have to worry too much about me, when I play arty. I focus on HTs, TDs, and other SPGs, not stats, unless you are in one of them. Don't feel bad, I'm an arty magnet myself.

• Downvote 1

Short link

I'm still waiting for the button that brings me chocolate iced cream. But I guess the devs here just don't appreciate a good bowl of iced cream. ;) Seriously though, the only thing that the XVM team can do, is give you the ability to no longer view stats from your own client. And they have done that by allowing you to customize your own config. Clicking a button and turning off statistics for other players? That's rather impossible.

Besides, the XVM team does not provide statistics, WG does. XVM is also not the only mod that will allow you to view them in battle either. Not trying to be rude to you, I am just trying to explain. Good Luck, Have Fun! and buy an umbrella for arty! ;) 

• Upvote 3

Short link
2 hours ago, SmashPuppet said:

Good Luck, Have Fun! and buy an umbrella for arty! ;) 

ha ha ha this made my day :) :rq_lol: 

• Upvote 1

Short link

I got to admit ,when I see a purple player  when im in arty ,I focus fire on that player 😊

Because I want to win .

Edited by PigBrains
Mis understood
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Short link

How I hate this yelling about XVM focus. Why are you focussed? Quite simple: Each player wants to kill the most dangerous tanks at first. That are the tanks with guns who can One shot others (or at least balance) like Jagdpanzer E100, FV4005, or in lower tiers KV-2. And if there are Unicums in that tank it is even better to kill them. Also a unicum is a dangerous tank so it must be killed asap. Also as an arty player I have noticed that usually the unicums are the first who get spotted, so I will aim on them. This is NO XVM focus that is just aiming on spotted targets. A good arty will try to help the team and fight the most dangerous targets at first.

You want a button that your XVM wont show up in the game? As you were told earlier this will not work. The only way to remove skill based focus is to make kind of leagues. In these leagues are only players with more or less same skill and you can go up and down between the leagues based on your stats.

But a little warning for someone who cries over XVM focus. THEN you always have to fight against players with the same skill and a lot of so called unicum cant do that farming on players with lower skills anymore. What does it mean? A lot of unicums will fall down in the leagues because they does not have the skill to fight this level all the time. Are you one of them? Anyway, either accept the focus and feel complimented that you might be dangerous or imagine how hard it will be to fight higher levels.

Short link

Guys, you can complain about ingame stats all day long. The XVM Developer team give a wet F to give us an option to hide stats. XVM is made only for showing STATS and nothing else.

Best example is the OTM. Created only to show the ugly wn8 Color Bar left in the HP bar, and if you don't activate your stats on xvm website, the HP is fucked up.(not centered). Or Playerspanel ,the big free unsused space fileld with "--".

In other words. U NO GET THIS OPTION. XVM team is numb for those changes… Like WG.

p.s

Byproduct is the cosmetic thing.

EDIT: there's is a mod without xvm that shows the wn8 ingame too.

Edit 2: be4 you start to downvote me, i'm with you guys. I hate this shit WN8 stats ingame too.

Edited by Golfer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Short link
4 hours ago, Golfer said:

XVM is made only for showing STATS and nothing else.

Best example is the OTM. Created only to show the ugly wn8 Color Bar left in the HP bar, and if you don't activate your stats on xvm website, the HP is fucked up.(not centered). Or Playerspanel ,the big free unsused space fileld with "--".

In other words. U NO GET THIS OPTION. XVM team is numb for those changes… Like WG.

Again, I do not mean any disrespect. However, not entirely knowing why your config does what it does and how, is the reason why people equate stats with XVM. To many, XVM is just another word for statistics. Which is wrong. There is far more to XVM than just statistics. The entire mod is about changing the interface to your liking and taking information that the client offers, and changing that information to display to your liking. Stats is a fairly small part of it.

The reason one field (HP) might shift because you did not (re)activate stats in your personal settings online is because you in fact are trying to pull the stats in your config! Edit your config to stop trying to display statistics! It's easy! When you are done, no more shifting or "----"'s. =) 

So by the config's very nature, XVM comes right out of the box with the ability to not display statistics. Contrary to what you said. Even if you have them enabled online, if you don't have stats in your config, nothing will happen. Not even shifting or "----"'s =) 

If you run into trouble, just ask. Someone will try to help. Just make sure that you at least try first. Cheers!

• Upvote 3

Short link

I've loaded the default config and yes you are right, the dashes are gone.  last time i used the default config was ~ 3 years ago. I had this dashes in my mind because it was used in the past.

Ups i made a huge mistake with the shifted OTM HP BAR. It was never shifted some pixels to the right.

But it is how it is, XVM is made only for ingame stats. Am i wrong?

What could happen if XVM team would disable the stats only for 1 week? Just for player reactions.

Short link
1 hour ago, Golfer said:

But it is how it is, XVM is made only for ingame stats. Am i wrong?

What could happen if XVM team would disable the stats only for 1 week? Just for player reactions.

If you exclude things like Hit Points (which is a stat btw) etc, then yes, I'd say that you are wrong. Returning crews automatically, multi lined carousel (now part of the game), customizing colours, info pop-ups with equipment descriptions, ability to add other mods within XVM itself. - Like new crosshairs/scopes, clan icons in the OTM and the list goes on and on. XVM started off without "stats" long ago (under a different name I believe) and then statistics were added later. Again, "stats" are just a small part of XVM. Wargaming freely makes those stats available via it's API. WG has their own rating system as well, WGR and it is in game too. Not in the battle itself, but in the game none the less...

I don't think removing the ability to see a player's stats will make the game any less toxic. The problem is the people playing and raging. They will just find another excuse to be just as negative. The difference between a good player and a bad player is knowing when and where you, yourself need to improve instead of simply blaming everyone else for your failures. This happens in all games with or without real time stat displays. Not just a problem with WoT at all. 

Anyway, you can edit th config to your liking. You don't need to only use configs by others as they are or just the default. WG also allows you to turn chat off and disable messages in the hangar from people who are not in your friend list.

There is no reason to "turn off" statistics with all of the options we have from both the XVM team and WG itself. You're covered! ;) 

Glad to chat with you. Cheers!

Edited by SmashPuppet
  • Upvote 1

Short link

@SmashPuppet

Everything you said is right. Every point you made was also written by other players on official forums, reddit, etc. *signed*

But there is a small percentage of of players i call them "retards" that join the battle and leave or die in the 1st min. because of good enemy players. that's pathetic.

Those retards are the reason why XVM has bad reputation. And i feed them with my Agenda. And it's not only me who want this stats removed from ingame. And because WG API is still open... Fake Rumors must be spread. (Some twitch streamers do it also.)

My config is free of every stats ingame, also Colors and dots in battle. why? Every player, no matter if bad or unicum, all players are equal.

---

And now back to OP

This option will never be a part of XVM. Other Mods can show the stats too. This option in XVM would have no effect for wn8 focus ingame etc. (see @SmashPuppet palyer behavior part).

The only way is to scream, so WG will be forced to close the API. (WG is numb for years now.)

KEK

Have all a nice day.

Short link