Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
TheJeep1

[9.19/6.7.5-dev] [WinXP] CTD when match is loading, Error message.

Whenever I use XVM, either by itself, or mxed in with Aslain's Mod Pack.  I keep crashing to desktop and recieve this error message.

"WorldOfTanks.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close".

It happens in about 70% of the games I have tried.

It started happening after the last major patch.

I've installed and re-installed about 40 times now.  Weather I use XVM by itself or with Aslains Mod Pack. 

In Aslains Mod Pack I can uncheck all the XVM mods, and the other mods work fine, only when I try to use any XVM componet does it crash...even if I just select one or two of them.

I tried with no firewall.

I tried with no "load screen stats".

I tried loading older fonts

I use WinXP/32

I tried Window Mode.

I have nothing running in back ground.

When I crash, I quickly restart, and about 50% of the time I am able to join the game, the other 50% I crash again with same message.  Rarely it will load to game and as soon as my tank appears it will crash.

I did a Google Search and found others that crashed when finnishing the match and attempted to return to the garage.  I do NOT have this problem.

python.log

xvm.log

Short link

seems you have some error in xvm installation

2017-06-23 00:44:33: xvm_integrity results: incorrect!
hash mismatch in file: res_mods/mods/packages/xvm_main/python/consts.py

remove old files and install xvm again

Short link

seems you have some error in xvm installation

2017-06-23 00:44:33: xvm_integrity results: incorrect!

hash mismatch in file: res_mods/mods/packages/xvm_main/python/consts.py

remove old files and install xvm again

Hi, thanks for the reply.  As I was discribing, I literally have re=installed XVM at least 40 times in the past few weeks.  So I am doing it again, 2 different ways, and will attach the files for each seperate one.

TEST #1  ASLAINS XVM PICKS  'FAILED'

This installation, also failed just mins ago.  I was able to play the first game after booting up the game, game 2 crashed.  This installation is from Aslains XVM "Only" installation, from this website.  http://aslain.com/index.php?/topic/13-091902-aslains-xvm-mod-modpack-installer-wpicture-sound-preview/

It's the bottom link which is a Zip File that I copy and paste.

Now I will delete the files and try another XVM default installation from the XVM website, and then post results and files in another post.

FIRST TWO ATTACHED FILES FOR THIS POST AND INSTALLATION ATTEMPT.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TEST #2  XVM ONLY  'FAILED'

Ok, failure again.  This time I downloaded the .exe version from here http://www.modxvm.com/en/download-xvm/

Once again the first game I played worked fine, second game crashed.

SECOND TWO ATTACHED FILES FOR THIS POST AND INSTALLATION ATTEMPT

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

TEST #3 ASLAINS MODS, NO XVM  "WORKS"

This works, but has no XVM at all.  Posting to show it is XVM only that is causing the crashes.   This is Aslains Mod Pack, with all XVM options unchecked.

icly.

LAST TWO ATTACHED FILES FOR THIS POST AND INSTALLATION.

python.log

xvm.log

python.log

xvm.log

python.log

WoTLauncher.log

Edited by TheJeep1

Short link

hard to find where is the error, if you use only aslain packc, maybe install whole game again and delete wot cache files? or try to 1st delete cache

Short link

hard to find where is the error, if you use only aslain packc, maybe install whole game again and delete wot cache files? or try to 1st delete cache

Reinstalled the whole game a few times, but the last time I tried that was before the release of a few micro patches.  Deleted Cache everytime I reinstalled XVM.

That last post is confusing, I know.  That was 3 different installed.  The second one was ONLY XVM from XVM website, nothing to do with Aslains.  The 3rd and 4th files I clipped are for that install.

Short link

You could ask help also from wg forum, if you dont get more asnwers from here.

2017-06-23 07:04:08.642: ERROR:   File "scripts/client/messenger/proto/xmpp/gloox_wrapper.py", line 484, in onHandleIq     wonder what is this?  that xmpp is it part of game or some mod?

Short link

You could ask help also from wg forum, if you dont get more asnwers from here.

2017-06-23 07:04:08.642: ERROR:   File "scripts/client/messenger/proto/xmpp/gloox_wrapper.py", line 484, in onHandleIq     wonder what is this?  that xmpp is it part of game or some mod?

Not sure, but that is a log from the XVM installation that I got from the XVM download page.  That installation has defualt settings, so I dont know what it pre-selected.   The other 2 installtions from Aslains website I can check or uncheck specific mods.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

UPDATE!!  3 Hours after the above post.   I just reinstalled the game, again.  Still XVM is crashing it.  So I think I will just chalk it up to me using Win XP.  I can no longer play several other games because I still use XP so I think the XVM mod is no longer compatable either.  Here are my logs anyway, I used Aslains Mod, but it is the selected XVM componets that are causing the crash.  I suspect its something to do with contacting the stat server before match starts, but Im not knowledgeable enough to speculate more.

python.log

xvm.log

Short link

I'll take a look as soon as possible, but it looks like it will be hard to fix.

Today at work I was reflecting on WoTs and I remembered having this issue...not sure why I didn't remember it before...(old age).   I think, if I remember correctly I stopped using XVM and a new game patch came out soon after, so when I installed the mod pack (Otis Mortem, I think) again it worked...and I forgot all about it.

The feature I missed the most is the stats on the carousel in the garage, in game stats were neat, gold locker, but pretty much all the other ones I enjoyed I can get from other sites.

In anycase, if you can do something that would be cool, if not no biggie.  Thank you either way.

Short link

Looks like crashes occurred in World of Tanks render thread. Have no clue how it possible at all.

Short link