Korean Random
Sign in to follow this  
VirusViper

Player Panel Large has a gap?

Hi all,

This one is racking my brain and I'm obviously being too dumb to see whats wrong.

In the image there is a gap on the edge of the screen when using PlayerPanel Large. If I use any others e.g. small, medium, medium2 there is no gap but Large has a gap???

post-37963-0-66494400-1497649551_thumb.jpg

playersPanel.xc attached

New playersPanel.xc

Short link

for now the only fix is to disable platoon icons.

"removeSquadIcon": false,

to

"removeSquadIcon": true,

• Upvote 1

Short link

for now the only fix is to disable platoon icons.

"removeSquadIcon": false,

to

"removeSquadIcon": true,

I went back to 6.7.3 as it also fixed ranked battle player panels too. When in ranked battle my player panels are squashed on the left and I get no tab scoreboard in 6.7.4.1

Short link

The gap shows up because the background image is limited in width, and the large panel is the only mode that contains so much information that you can often exceed that width.

See extreme example here: http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/632337-how-to-increase-size-of-shadow-background-for-players-panels/

The size of the gap also varies depending on the length of the player names and tank names, and can be different on the left (for allies) vs that on the right (for enemies).

I don't think anyone has found out how to replace that background image with something wider (and by that I mean by putting an image in res_mods in the correct path to override an image in the stock client's pkg files).

The easiest fix is to limit how much information is presented on your players panel.

To that end, you can (i) remove the players' win rates, and (ii) shorten the player names by using {{name%.10s~..}} instead of {{name}}.

Another method (I've not tested it though) is to use your own background images. Here are the steps:

(i) Disable the built-in images by setting playersPanel.xc > playersPanel > alpha =0

(ii) Create your own images that you can save somewhere in \res_mods\mods\shared_resources\xvm\res

(iii) Create extraField definitions to bring those images into playersPanel with the proper positioning etc

(iv) Reference those definitions in all the extraFieldsLeft and extraFieldsRight in playersPanel.xc

You probably need 3 background images: 1 each for alive tanks, dead tanks, and selected tank.

Edited by scyorkie

Short link

I had the same problem but fixed it by removing Rank Badges which I have no desire in seeing. To do this I went to the options for the "Large" panels and changed the line:

"rankBadgeWidth": 24,

to

"rankBadgeWidth": 0,

as below (approximately line 562 in file playersPanel.xc

// Width of the rank badge column. Default is 24.
      // Ширина поля бейджа ранга. По умолчанию: 24.
      "rankBadgeWidth": 0, // ---------------------------------------------

ignore the    // ----------------------------------------

I put these in to see where I have modified files.

post-37714-0-54913200-1504787426.jpg

Short link

Another way to remove badges is to remove the reference to that in playersPanel > large > standardFields, and in playersPanel > medium > standardFields

Short link